The Student Room Group

Retaking A levels

So I opened my a level results and not to my surprise I got DDU, I slacked off in the year and was hoping to make it up in my exams.

Anyways my question is, is it possible to do the October exams and the summer exams, I case I don’t do well in the October ones?
Yes, you can do both - the summer exams will be considered 'resits', while the October ones won't.

Contact your school and let them know that you want to enter the October exams - the deadline to do so is 4th September.
Reply 2
Ok will do

Thanks
Original post by LeapingLucy
Yes, you can do both - the summer exams will be considered 'resits', while the October ones won't.

Contact your school and let them know that you want to enter the October exams - the deadline to do so is 4th September.

Say you do the October exams and do worse than exam results we got today, do you have to declare these on UCAS application?
Original post by Results2020
Say you do the October exams and do worse than exam results we got today, do you have to declare these on UCAS application?

The UCAS rule is that you have to declare all exam results on your application, so I would presume so.

But the higher grades from today will still stand.
Hi Freewave,

Well done for already thinking about how to get back on track! Our free and complete guide to retakes might be helpful for you: https://www.nec.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/A-level-retakes-guide.pdf

The National Extension College is a pioneer in online distance learning and we might be able to help you prepare for the summer exams next year. Find out more at https://www.nec.ac.uk/.

Best wishes,
Sophie
Original post by LeapingLucy
The UCAS rule is that you have to declare all exam results on your application, so I would presume so.

But the higher grades from today will still stand.

Okay thanks! I thought that the Autumn results would 'replace' the ones awarded today though. So when I make my UCAS application, I'd have to declare the ones I received today as well as the ones I will receive from having sat the exams in October?
Hi @Freewave, what are you hoping to go on and do next? Apprenticeships, job, uni, or not sure?

Amy

Quick Reply

Latest