VictorOpeyemi
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So my A levels were complete trash (as expected). And now i don't know what to do.
I am planning to do the resit that is coming in the autumn, but I do not know how to apply for it.
Do any of you have any clue on how this is going to take place because I for sure have none.
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by VictorOpeyemi)
So my A levels were complete trash (as expected). And now i don't know what to do.
I am planning to do the resit that is coming in the autumn, but I do not know how to apply for it.
Do any of you have any clue on how this is going to take place because I for sure have none.
I'm really sorry to hear that If you're asking about how the October exams will work, look here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6602014. It would be worth speaking to your teachers too
VictorOpeyemi
Rep:
?
(Original post by Interrobang)
I'm really sorry to hear that If you're asking about how the October exams will work, look here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6602014. It would be worth speaking to your teachers too
thanks, I looked at it, but I still have some questions.
1). It said there would be an "extra-ordinary series of exams". Does that mean that the exams would be much HARDER?
2). Would I have to put my old grades as well, when applying for UCAS?
sorry am just really confused.
Interrobang
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
thanks, I looked at it, but I still have some questions.
1). It said there would be an "extra-ordinary series of exams". Does that mean that the exams would be much HARDER?
2). Would I have to put my old grades as well, when applying for UCAS?
sorry am just really confused.
My guess about (1) is that these October exams aren't normal. It would make no sense for them to actively be made harder than normal
Regarding (2) yes you would, and then have pending grades too
VictorOpeyemi
Rep:
?
My guess about (1) is that these October exams aren't normal. It would make no sense for them to actively be made harder than normal
Regarding (2) yes you would, and then have pending grades too
do you know when the results for the exams are coming out?
Interrobang
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
do you know when the results for the exams are coming out?
Results day is planned for December
VictorOpeyemi
Rep:
?
Results day is planned for December
so If I wait, I can put my retake grades as well as my current grades?
LadyScheherazade
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
why don't you appeal your grades AND enter yourself for the exams, that way you are giving yourself 2 shots.
Interrobang
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
so If I wait, I can put my retake grades as well as my current grades?
If you apply after you have the grades, you will apply with your final grade
VictorOpeyemi
Rep:
?
(Original post by LadyScheherazade)
why don't you appeal your grades AND enter yourself for the exams, that way you are giving yourself 2 shots.
my center accessed grades are CCC. This in my opinion is not enough for the schools that I want to go to.
VictorOpeyemi
Rep:
?
If you apply after you have the grades, you will apply with your final grades
so the universities would not see the grades I got today?
Interrobang
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
so the universities would not see the grades I got today?
Not if they weren't your final grades, no. They would if you applied before you got the results
Im_Lost
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Consider that it will be extremely difficult to get places at uni next year as there is the entire next years cohort to compete with aswell as a significant portion of this years cohort
LadyScheherazade
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
my center accessed grades are CCC. This in my opinion is not enough for the schools that I want to go to.
Obviously revise for your exams and everything, but it wouldn’t hurt to try to get a space on clearing. Take this from a resit student who got ****ed over by corona virus (got BCD last year, and BCU this year, despite being predicted and working at AAB. Literally an entire year down the drain, me and my sixth form both decided to appeal my grades). You never know you might find a course and uni that you actually like.
Interrobang
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Im_Lost)
Consider that it will be extremely difficult to get places at uni next year as there is the entire next years cohort to compete with aswell as a significant portion of this years cohort
No one knows what will happen next year. Don't forget that there are likely to be a significantly reduced number of international (due to Covid-19) and EU students wanting to go to uni
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (52)
13.65%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (51)
13.39%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (143)
37.53%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (41)
10.76%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (73)
19.16%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
5.51%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise