procrastinatingb
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
soo should I have at least picked a topic for my IRP by now? probably. have I? no. I'm thinking something sciencey/biology related because then it can kind of relate to my eventual uni degree but I've made no solid decisions. what have other people done theirs on? don't have to get specific if you don't want to but any general topic suggestions would be very much appreciated!!
Tommcbridee
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm doing mine on German law but if you want to do something about biology then you could look into Robert Koch - Idk if you did GCSE History but in one of the topics we learnt about him. He basically pioneered microbiology in the 19th Century and contributed a lot to the development of vaccinations so it could definitely be relevant to your course! Paul Ehrlich is another famous German scientist who did similar research but I think he focused more on antibodies and treating diseases. I found them both really interesting so I would definitely recommend looking into them
procrastinatingb
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tommcbridee)
I'm doing mine on German law but if you want to do something about biology then you could look into Robert Koch - Idk if you did GCSE History but in one of the topics we learnt about him. He basically pioneered microbiology in the 19th Century and contributed a lot to the development of vaccinations so it could definitely be relevant to your course! Paul Ehrlich is another famous German scientist who did similar research but I think he focused more on antibodies and treating diseases. I found them both really interesting so I would definitely recommend looking into them
ooh I did do GCSE history and yes he was really interesting! Paul Ehrlich sounds like he might be a way to go. thank you!!
BluePanda02
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There’s also a German historical drama about Robert Koch on Netflix rn called Charité. I don’t know how accurate it is but even if it’s not directly useful to your IRP I’d recommend watching it
procrastinatingb
Rep:
?
(Original post by BluePanda02)
There’s also a German historical drama about Robert Koch on Netflix rn called Charité. I don’t know how accurate it is but even if it’s not directly useful to your IRP I’d recommend watching it
it looks really good!! thank you so much, now i can continue to watch netflix and convince myself it's productive
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university communicated any last minute changes?

Yes, and they were what I was expecting (9)
17.65%
Yes, and they were not what I was hoping for (14)
27.45%
Yes, and they don't change my view on attending uni (3)
5.88%
No, I haven't received any communication (25)
49.02%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed