How do I put my grades on my application

Watch
Cloudiii
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
So I am planning to take the October exams for my D grades. I got BDD ug. But I want to apply for uni next year. When I put my grades on the application this year how would I put them because I wanna take the autumn exams. And won’t putting down the D grades make my application look bad? :/ any advice please.
Charlotte's Web
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Cloudiii)
So I am planning to take the October exams for my D grades. I got BDD ug. But I want to apply for uni next year. When I put my grades on the application this year how would I put them because I wanna take the autumn exams. And won’t putting down the D grades make my application look bad? :/ any advice please.
You must declare all grades on your UCAS application. Your reference can explain the grades you were given - speak to whoever is writing it to ask them to make a comment about the D grades.

You would enter all of your achieved grades, and also the subjects you are sitting in August with 'pending' as the grade.

Most universities are viewing the autumn exam results as the first result, rather than a resit.
Cloudiii
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Charlotte's Web)
You must declare all grades on your UCAS application. Your reference can explain the grades you were given - speak to whoever is writing it to ask them to make a comment about the D grades.

You would enter all of your achieved grades, and also the subjects you are sitting in August with 'pending' as the grade.

Most universities are viewing the autumn exam results as the first result, rather than a resit.
So do you think I still have a chance to apply for BCC and above courses? I’m just concerned that they will reject me if they see D’s
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
So do you think I still have a chance to apply for BCC and above courses? I’m just concerned that they will reject me if they see D’s
When AS Levels were more common, unis would be used to seeing (for example) a C AS grade, but an A A Level predicted grade. Or you could apply after you have your results
Charlotte's Web
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
There is no reason why not, universities are well aware that there are major issues with the grading system this year and will take it into account. A comment in support of this from your reference would be useful.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (48)
32%
No - I have already returned home (19)
12.67%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (31)
20.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (14)
9.33%
No - I live at home during term anyway (38)
25.33%

Watched Threads