Anyone received their CAS letter yet?

Watch
yzcn
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm doing MSc accounting and finance in University of Manchester for this academic year.
Fulfilled the conditional offer on 17th of July, paid deposit back in March.

Still waiting for the CAS letter. Is this a normal delay because of the covid-19? Been emailing the admission team and haven't heard back yet.
CheeseIsVeg
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by yzcn)
I'm doing MSc accounting and finance in University of Manchester for this academic year.

Still waiting for the CAS letter. Is this a normal delay because of the covid-19? Been emailing the admission team and haven't heard back yet.
I've heard of a bit of a wait from my international friends continuing at uni. :yy:
If you've emailed the admissions team, they should get back to you with more info eventually.
As you can imagine, this time is super busy for them so you may have to be a little more patient than normal :hugs:
Best wishes,
Cheese
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by yzcn)

Moved to the Postgrad applications forum as this one will be inundated today!
yzcn
Rep:
?
(Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
I've heard of a bit of a wait from my international friends continuing at uni. :yy:
If you've emailed the admissions team, they should get back to you with more info eventually.
As you can imagine, this time is super busy for them so you may have to be a little more patient than normal :hugs:
Best wishes,
Cheese
Thanks for the info mate, guess I have to keep waiting for the uni to respond.
yzcn
Rep:
?
(Original post by Interrobang)
Moved to the Postgrad applications forum as this one will be inundated today!
Oh, didn't realize post the thread in the wrong forum. Thank for move the thread.
jackien1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by yzcn)

Doing an Msc at Manchester this year too. Haven't gotten the CAS yet either. But have gotten like 4 of the same goddamn requesting CAS info email. It's very annoying, but at least this year you'll be able to start as soon as you've submitted the visa application, even if it's not yet approved. Only reason why I'm not more worried/annoyed.
yzcn
Rep:
?
(Original post by jackien1)
Doing an Msc at Manchester this year too. Haven't gotten the CAS yet either. But have gotten like 4 of the same goddamn requesting CAS info email. It's very annoying, but at least this year you'll be able to start as soon as you've submitted the visa application, even if it's not yet approved. Only reason why I'm not more worried/annoyed.
I guess there is nothing we can do except keep waiting.
jackien1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by yzcn)
I guess there is nothing we can do except keep waiting.
Have you heard anything?
dumpling_eater
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My CAS for Newcastle Uni is delayed as well! I've emailed the PG admissions team and they said my offer and deposit for intl. students is all good and that it'll be issued shortly, but that was a couple working days ago and it's been many working days since I first accepted my offer and paid the deposit :\

I feel like things are gonna be even worse for those of us that need to apply for Tier-4 visas
yzcn
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by jackien1)
Have you heard anything?
I have received my CAS on 20th Aug. Now the thing is there is no bio-metric appointments available inside UK as I need to extend my tier 4 visa.
yzcn
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by dumpling_eater)
My CAS for Newcastle Uni is delayed as well! I've emailed the PG admissions team and they said my offer and deposit for intl. students is all good and that it'll be issued shortly, but that was a couple working days ago and it's been many working days since I first accepted my offer and paid the deposit :\

I feel like things are gonna be even worse for those of us that need to apply for Tier-4 visas
I can feel you mate. Hopefully you can get your CAS sooner.
dumpling_eater
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by yzcn)
Thanks mate. Update: The uni sent me my Confirmation of Place letter last week so any day now they could send me my CAS, though they've said to email them if I haven't received it within 2 weeks after I received the Confirmation of Place letter so... Hopefully they send it soon.
jackien1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by yzcn)
I have received my CAS on 20th Aug. Now the thing is there is no bio-metric appointments available inside UK as I need to extend my tier 4 visa.
They aren't letting you reuse your current biometrics? What department are you in? The admin guy in my department, roberto cantarero is absolutely useless sh*tf*ck who can't do his job right.
jackien1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I guess the good thing is all we have to do is apply, and not have to actually get it approved before being to start our courses. But that's still a big weight on us because they're slow.
Sharoan
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by yzcn)
Me too! I'll be coming from a country that requires self isolation and I havent even apply for my visa yet because of the delay.
dumpling_eater
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey guys, so I finally got my CAS and was able to make a visa application, but don't have any regular/standard biometrics appointments available near me. The only ones left are for premium visa application centres and I'd really rather not shell out an extra shitload of money just for a damn biometrics appointment and for them to mail my application.

Anyone in a similar predicament? I'm not sure what to do as I've made an account(?) with the partner the UK govt uses for biometric appointment scheduling, but they won't let me change my preferred location to see if the other building (3 hours away from my town) is taking appointments. Really annoying, and it doesn't help that uni is starting soon.

I've emailed the customer care for VFS global, but I'm not sure who else to contact in case they can't give me an answer.
yzcn
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hey guys, so I finally got my CAS and was able to make a visa application, but don't have any regular/standard biometrics appointments available near me. The only ones left are for premium visa application centres and I'd really rather not shell out an extra shitload of money just for a damn biometrics appointment and for them to mail my application.

Anyone in a similar predicament? I'm not sure what to do as I've made an account(?) with the partner the UK govt uses for biometric appointment scheduling, but they won't let me change my preferred location to see if the other building (3 hours away from my town) is taking appointments. Really annoying, and it doesn't help that uni is starting soon.

I've emailed the customer care for VFS global, but I'm not sure who else to contact in case they can't give me an answer.
As you mentioned VFS, I guess you are applying outside of the UK. Which country are you applying from?
I think if you can not change preferred location for your appointment then you maybe can only go to that one. I am extending mine inside UK, I am still waiting for a bio-metric appointment to become available.
dumpling_eater
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by yzcn)
As you mentioned VFS, I guess you are applying outside of the UK. Which country are you applying from?
I think if you can not change preferred location for your appointment then you maybe can only go to that one. I am extending mine inside UK, I am still waiting for a bio-metric appointment to become available.
I'm applying from the US. The thing is, it lists 3 possible locations (City A, City B, City P) for me. However after I put in my preferred location as "City A" and I get to the Appointments Stage, the appointments stage will tell me something like "Due to COVID-19 there are no appointments available in your preferred location. Please see the VFS website *insert link* for more info about your country."

It won't let me go back to change my preferred location to City B or City P (premium centre). HOWEVER, with the VFS website link they give me and the country information they're offering me packages to purchase a premium package for City P.

Honestly don't understand what's going on. I hope VFS customer care replies soon and can shed a light on what to do. The COVID-19 situation in my state and in the US in general is not going to get better anytime soon, which makes me worry that I may not get to make an appointment at the regular facility anytime soon (possibly not til October/November) OR I'll be forced to shell out $700+ at the premium centre in City P.
yzcn
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I'm applying from the US. The thing is, it lists 3 possible locations (City A, City B, City P) for me. However after I put in my preferred location as "City A" and I get to the Appointments Stage, the appointments stage will tell me something like "Due to COVID-19 there are no appointments available in your preferred location. Please see the VFS website *insert link* for more info about your country."

It won't let me go back to change my preferred location to City B or City P (premium centre). HOWEVER, with the VFS website link they give me and the country information they're offering me packages to purchase a premium package for City P.

Honestly don't understand what's going on. I hope VFS customer care replies soon and can shed a light on what to do. The COVID-19 situation in my state and in the US in general is not going to get better anytime soon, which makes me worry that I may not get to make an appointment at the regular facility anytime soon (possibly not til October/November) OR I'll be forced to shell out $700+ at the premium centre in City P.
Feels bad man.
Does your uni give you an option that you can take your 1st semester online? If so you can wait for a bit until a bio-metric appointment is available in your preferred location. Have you tried to give VFS a call regarding to your issue. I know it may take hours to call them but it might help you with your problem.
dumpling_eater
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by yzcn)
Feels bad man.
Does your uni give you an option that you can take your 1st semester online? If so you can wait for a bit until a bio-metric appointment is available in your preferred location. Have you tried to give VFS a call regarding to your issue. I know it may take hours to call them but it might help you with your problem.
Heya! So I emailed them and they actually responded pretty fast (very suprising - I emailed on Saturday and then got back to me this morning) and they reset(?) my application.

What had happened was, because I put City A for my preferred location, the application froze in the Appointments Stage and there was no "back button" for me to go back to the previous stages and edit my details. I was able to thankfully book an appointment (woohoo!) but the appointment won't be for another 3 weeks and I'll need to drive to a different state for it (sucks, but I'd rather just get this over with as soon as possible).

And yes, fortunately the uni has said that all my lectures will be online for the first sem so I'm thankful for that. Just hoping to get to the UK before my lectures start in mid-October because I'd rather not have to wake up at 4am to attend a 9am lecture in the UK.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (18)
21.69%
No (65)
78.31%

Watched Threads