Anyone received their CAS letter yet?

Watch
jackien1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by yzcn)
I have received my CAS on 20th Aug. Now the thing is there is no bio-metric appointments available inside UK as I need to extend my tier 4 visa.
Have you managed to get an appointment? I'm in the exact same situation now. What happens if we don't manage to get an biometric appointment before our course starts?
yzcn
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by jackien1)
Have you managed to get an appointment? I'm in the exact same situation now. What happens if we don't manage to get an biometric appointment before our course starts?
I can not book any appointment now. According to UKVCAS latest update, "If UKVCAS received your application on or after 15 August 2020, you won’t be able to book an appointment at the moment. This is because UKVI are assessing which customers are eligible for biometric reuse and the IDV app."
I think at this point, there is nothing else we can do except keep waiting.
jackien1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by yzcn)
I can not book any appointment now. According to UKVCAS latest update, "If UKVCAS received your application on or after 15 August 2020, you won’t be able to book an appointment at the moment. This is because UKVI are assessing which customers are eligible for biometric reuse and the IDV app."
I think at this point, there is nothing else we can do except keep waiting.
Yeah, I got more info on the situation and we're just waiting till we get an email to tell us we can use the app to submit the stuff we need to basically. But application formally submitted so we're fine.
yzcn
Rep:
?
Yeah, I got more info on the situation and we're just waiting till we get an email to tell us we can use the app to submit the stuff we need to basically. But application formally submitted so we're fine.
Oh year, I think I get the same email said that UKVI can reuse our bio-metric info. Just wait until they send us an invitation.
yzcn
Rep:
?
New update, I have received an UKVI invitation to use the IDV app.
jackien1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by yzcn)
New update, I have received an UKVI invitation to use the IDV app.
What date did you send off your application?
yzcn
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
What date did you send off your application?
I paid my application on 24th of August, and I submitted documents using the IDV app today which is 7th of September.
jackien1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by yzcn)
I paid my application on 24th of August, and I submitted documents using the IDV app today which is 7th of September.
Ugh if the uni hadn't been so slow I wouldn't have submitted my application in september instead of august, but it doesn't really matter at this point so whatever. Will you quote me when you get your application results? Would be interested in how long that takes.
yzcn
Rep:
?
Ugh if the uni hadn't been so slow I wouldn't have submitted my application in september instead of august, but it doesn't really matter at this point so whatever. Will you quote me when you get your application results? Would be interested in how long that takes.
Yeah. I can update you here.
jackien1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by yzcn)
Yeah. I can update you here.
Thanks, I just got the IDV app email and submitted my stuff too. Surprising since the website still says they're working on Aug applications and Sept's is still being reviewed but nice surprise.

Edit: When you moving to manchester?
yzcn
Rep:
?
Thanks, I just got the IDV app email and submitted my stuff too. Surprising since the website still says they're working on Aug applications and Sept's is still being reviewed but nice surprise.

Edit: When you moving to manchester?
Nice. Now we just wait until we get our decisions.I am already here in Manchester.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (58)
13.84%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (55)
13.13%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (158)
37.71%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (45)
10.74%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (81)
19.33%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (22)
5.25%

Watched Threads