Extending provisional offer deadlines?

Watch
sencho
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 51 years ago
Is it possible to extend provisional offer deadlines? It's till tomorrow 8:00 am, but i'm afraid i cannot make it due to my current application to other uni. They said it's already unconditional, but they have problem with updating on UCAS, so i'm not sure when will i be releasing myself into clearing....
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by sencho)
Is it possible to extend provisional offer deadlines? It's till tomorrow 8:00 am, but i'm afraid i cannot make it due to my current application to other uni. They said it's already unconditional, but they have problem with updating on UCAS, so i'm not sure when will i be releasing myself into clearing....
Did you tell them you wanted to be in clearing? You can call and try and get the deadline extended.
Charlotte's Web
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Can I just check that I understand your question? You're currently holding an unconditional offer in Clearing and have until tomorrow at 8am to add it onto track. What do you mean when you say you cannot make it due to your application to another uni? Could you give us more info?
sencho
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by Charlotte's Web)
Can I just check that I understand your question? You're currently holding an unconditional offer in Clearing and have until tomorrow at 8am to add it onto track. What do you mean when you say you cannot make it due to your application to another uni? Could you give us more info?
Sorry for my bad explanation.

I have unconditional offer from A uni, but its still pending on UCAS so I cannot press decline just yet.

However, I got a provisional offer from B uni (this is the one I am trying to get in), but the deadlines are till tomorrow.
Charlotte's Web
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Sorry for my bad explanation.

I have unconditional offer from A uni, but its still pending on UCAS so I cannot press decline just yet.

However, I got a provisional offer from B uni (this is the one I am trying to get in), but the deadlines are till tomorrow.
Do you mean you have a conditional offer that is pending? If so you will need to contact that university and ask them to decline you so that you can enter clearing. The best way to do this is by calling the university.

If there are delays or issues, you can call UCAS who will help. If it is unlikely to be done today, you should contact the new university to advise them of the situation and ask them if they can offer an extension - making it very clear that you definitely want to go there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (33)
5.57%
Uncertainty around my education (70)
11.82%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (67)
11.32%
Lack of purpose or motivation (76)
12.84%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (33)
5.57%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (32)
5.41%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (63)
10.64%
Financial worries (39)
6.59%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (24)
4.05%
Exposure to negative news/social media (34)
5.74%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.53%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (59)
9.97%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (47)
7.94%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed