GreenDome
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Can you we PLEASE organize a protest in LONDON tomorrow condoemn how badly students in poor/ deprived areas were graded. We need to speak up like Scottish students.
We have worked just as hard and deserve so much better than this algorithm.

Boris Johnson is going on holiday tomorrow and a decision needs to be made ASAP! We should be given teacher estimated grades.

Ofqual ensured that we would make it to universities but I am not in a position to study at my firm or insurance much like SOO many people at my school.

Who's up for it??!!

Mod edit: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/hel...e-student-room
BREIDJ
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
na
GreenDome
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by BREIDJ)
na
Thanks a bunch buddy 👌
BREIDJ
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by GreenDome)
Thanks a bunch buddy 👌
use the appeal process
Rockman501
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I agree with you, so many people have been affected by this unfair system, myself included.
I've missed out on my firm and insurance choices, all because the exam board moved me down by a grade from my teachers submitted grade.

I've heard about the possibility of a protest in Parliament Square, London on the 16th (Sunday) at 1pm
Injustice_exists
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by GreenDome)
Can you we PLEASE organize a protest in LONDON tomorrow condoemn how badly students in poor/ deprived areas were graded. We need to speak up like Scottish students.
We have worked just as hard and deserve so much better than this algorithm.

Boris Johnson is going on holiday tomorrow and a decision needs to be made ASAP! We should be given teacher estimated grades.

Ofqual ensured that we would make it to universities but I am not in a position to study at my firm or insurance much like SOO many people at my school.

Who's up for it??!!
I’d be up for it but I live in Manchester 😫 but don’t worry even one voice can speak for thousands, go and do us proud 👍🏽 Be sure to maintain social distancing though x
Last edited by Injustice_exists; 1 month ago
sakura_23
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How about no? The coronavirus is still out there, so I mean if you want this to happen again then go for it! All you’re doing is condemning the next year of students to the same fate. Think about the consequences your actions have.
prok999
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
can we call for separate protests in Bristol, Birmingham & Glasgow?
1st superstar
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No thanks would rather be worrying about other things. Giving everyone teacher estimated grades is unfair on other cohorts, it could devaluate this year's grades and frankly sympathy and empathy are not words in my dictionary.
HBaguette
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
theres way more **** to be protesting about but yeah i guess we could start with the education system

obviously due to the ToS im not gonna say "go throw stones at the people responsible" but im not not saying that, either
Injustice_exists
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by prok999)
@prok999 your grades DO NOT DEFINE YOUR SELF WORTH, it is not worth ending your life over something that you had no control over. You can do these exams this year or you can go on to excel in your career and prove this classist government wrong.

If you need any further help please don’t hesitate to call Samaritans at 116 123
HBaguette
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by prok999)
don't kill yourself, that's what the filth wants.
you think people naturally feel that bad? you've been ****ed by the upper classes, they can just buy their way out
instead of letting them win, do something about it. **** them up.
nathanh016
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've heard about protests outside Downing Street both tomorrow and Saturday at noon
NORMO
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am a teacher in Westminster. I will be there.
1st superstar
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by NORMO)
I am a teacher in Westminster. I will be there.
I am ashamed of this.
Frank1838
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 1st superstar)
No thanks would rather be worrying about other things. Giving everyone teacher estimated grades is unfair on other cohorts, it could devaluate this year's grades and frankly sympathy and empathy are not words in my dictionary.
sYmPaThy aNd eMpAtHy aRe nOt WorDs iN mY DicTiOnArY oooooohhhh sorry hard man
1st superstar
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Frank1838)
sYmPaThy aNd eMpAtHy aRe nOt WorDs iN mY DicTiOnArY oooooohhhh sorry hard man
I was not trying to act tough (I was acting cold-hearted) also what childish comment. Plus I really don't want to be protesting during a global pandemic. I have condemned the BLM matter protests (because of the pandemic) the and climate change protests (not too bothered about climate change) so I will condemn the protest about the 2020 A-level results too (because of the pandemic, overinflation of grades etc). Period.
Frank1838
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I was not trying to act tough (I was acting cold-hearted) also what childish comment. Plus I really don't want to be protesting during a global pandemic. I have condemned the BLM matter protests (because of the pandemic) the and climate change protests (not too bothered about climate change) so I will condemn the protest about the 2020 A-level results too (because of the pandemic, overinflation of grades etc). Period.
Imagine raising a kid just for them to describe themself as “cold hearted” like it’s something good - seriously try saying that in an interview next time and see what happens

main point being, good old gavin has ‘inconvenienced’ quite a lot of people and anyone with even a below average EQ would be able to sympathise with those affected - pretty drastically in some cases. Imagine if it was you

get a grip buddy and stop trying to put in practise what you learnt about how to be “cold hearted” from a wikihow article last night
1st superstar
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Frank1838)
Imagine raising a kid just for them to describe themself as “cold hearted” like it’s something good - seriously try saying that in an interview next time and see what happens

main point being, good old gavin has ‘inconvenienced’ quite a lot of people and anyone with even a below average EQ would be able to sympathise with those affected - pretty drastically in some cases. Imagine if it was you

get a grip buddy and stop trying to put in practise what you learnt about how to be “cold hearted” from a wikihow article last night
Doesn't matter your opinion is isn't going make me want to take part in the protests which could increase the spread of the virus you're the only one on this thread that has an issue with the comments on this thread (even the OP hasn't complained). I would rather go back to school than take part in these protests, sick of staying at home. I am pretty sure that an interviewer isn't going to give a damn about my personality they'll be more interested in what I have to offer on the table, work experience and what my grades are but yeah Gavin needs to GTHO (get the hell out) and be sacked he has ruined the future of the 2020 and 2021 cohort. It is what it is I guess. I would love to start a protest complaining about education system in England but not this year.
Torigracex
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The government is not listening to the fact that rich students in private schools have benefitted from the governments system, whilst state-funded schools have been more heavily downgraded and seen a lesser increase in grades (these are statistical facts). I don’t necessarily agree with protests either, but what else are us students meant to do when our government has only increased the socioeconomic education gap? When the government does not care about the futures it’s ruined because their only solution is to use mock grades, which are the most unstandardised system they could possibly have put in place. You say you’re ‘cold-hearted’ but if you don’t feel ANY emotion towards students suffering this year just because they can’t afford to go to private school, that is disgusting.
Last edited by Torigracex; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university communicated any last minute changes?

Yes, and they were what I was expecting (9)
17.31%
Yes, and they were not what I was hoping for (14)
26.92%
Yes, and they don't change my view on attending uni (3)
5.77%
No, I haven't received any communication (26)
50%

Watched Threads