The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

I didn't get my grades for my uni place: what can I do?

Did you open your results and feel disappointed this morning? Feeling confused if you haven’t got the points you needed for your university place? You won’t be the only one, and this happens every year to thousands of students across the country. But this year isn’t like any other year.
If you’ve found yourself in this situation, don’t worry. There are three options available to you - you can apply for university anyway through Clearing, you can appeal your grades, or you can take your exams in October to try and get a better grade.
At BCU, we are also accepting predicted A-level grades if they are higher than your actual grades. We don’t want any student to be disadvantaged by the upheaval to results this year and therefore we will take into account whichever set of grades is higher your actual results or your predicted grades*. You just need to tell the member of staff you speak to that your predicted grades are higher than your actual grades, and we will check UCAS and do the rest. If you haven’t previously applied to university and don’t have a UCAS number, then that’s ok too - we will just ask you to send us proof of your predicted grades.

*Courses that have a Professional Body Requirement (PBR) are excluded.

Do you have any questions about your next steps and what your options are? Drop them in the comments below. You can also read more details about your options on our website:
https://www.bcu.ac.uk/clearing/result-options

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending