The Student Room Group

Foundation Year or A Level Retakes?

I got really bad grades for A level. ECC. Was honestly expecting BBD. Wanted to go to Aston University. They obviously won't accept me. I have my insurance as Birmingham City Uni with an unconditional but would rather go Aston if I can. Should i do the october retakes and then basically a gap yr or do a foundation yr at Aston so I can get into the course? Appreciate anyones opinion on this
Original post by Randomer_7
I got really bad grades for A level. ECC. Was honestly expecting BBD. Wanted to go to Aston University. They obviously won't accept me. I have my insurance as Birmingham City Uni with an unconditional but would rather go Aston if I can. Should i do the october retakes and then basically a gap yr or do a foundation yr at Aston so I can get into the course? Appreciate anyones opinion on this

If the option of doing the foundation year at Aston next year is an option you have available to you, then it's worth considering. Obviously the main consideration is whether you would rather spend next year doing an additional year at university or doing something else, and what that something else might be if so. I'm assuming that you are basically guaranteed a place on the foundation year. If that's the case, then it's obviously a more secure way to get into Aston than relying on autumn resits, where there's still a risk they go badly.
Reply 2
If cost is likely to be an issue then retake as adding another year to uni comes with the extra financial burden of another year of fees + living expenses.

Quick Reply

Latest