The Student Room Group

Did Your A-Level Results not Turn Out the Way You Wanted Them To?

Has anyone else unfortunately failed one of their A Levels and are unsure as to what to do next?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mercury Raven
Has anyone else unfortunately failed one of their A Levels and are unsure as to what to do next?

I'm terrified and don't really know what I'm doing with my life now that I've failed one of my subjects.
Reply 2
Lots of people have been affected. Most of them will be in the A Level thread if you want to get some help and advice :^_^:
Reply 3
I'm terrified and don't really know what I'm doing with my life now that I've failed one of my subjects.

Did you have a thorough look at clearing? Which grades, if you don’t mind saying :smile:
was predicted ACC, got ADE unfortunately , no uni only access course lmao
Original post by Moonbow
Did you have a thorough look at clearing? Which grades, if you don’t mind saying :smile:

No, I haven't looked at clearing. I should probably do so though. I'll be discussing my results and my next steps tomorrow with a random teacher (literally just whoever would be available tomorrow) at 3PM UK time.
No, I haven't looked at clearing. I should probably do so though. I'll be discussing my results and my next steps tomorrow with a random teacher (literally just whoever would be available tomorrow) at 3PM UK time.

A Level Results Day 2020 just isn't fair in my opinion. We literally couldn't sit our exams which we were supposed to sit in May 2020, but they all got cancelled, which was annoying because I'd mainly been preparing for those in particular.
A Level Results Day 2020 just isn't fair in my opinion. We literally couldn't sit our exams which we were supposed to sit in May 2020, but they all got cancelled, which was annoying because I'd mainly been preparing for those in particular.

I could have even been graded bias-ly by my teachers.
Reply 8

Please look at clearing. It will be quite chaotic at the moment but the quicker you can get a place (assuming you need one) the better!!

I would still appeal if you are from a School or College which could of been discriminated against.
Stand up and fight for it. You never know, sometimes things may happen if the door closes find a window instead.:smile:

also some school have hard mocks, others have easy mocks

some teachers are also nicer than others when it comes to predicting
I'm really sorry to hear you didn't get the grades you were expecting! The important thing to do now is to create a plan to turn today's disappointment into success again.

You might find this free guide to retaking your A levels useful.

Founded in 1963, the National Extension College (NEC) is a pioneer in online distance learning. We offer online courses for GCSEs, A levels and professional courses. Each student receives an exceptional level of support from their expert tutor and the dedicated student support team, as well as access to the best quality course materials. Find out more at https://www.nec.ac.uk

Sophie :smile:
Original post by Moonbow
Please look at clearing. It will be quite chaotic at the moment but the quicker you can get a place (assuming you need one) the better!!

okay I will do! :smile:
okay I will do! :smile:

Great job! Let me know how you get on!! :hugs:
Original post by 10YearVaxFree
also some school have hard mocks, others have easy mocks

some teachers are also nicer than others when it comes to predicting

Exactly, then we have that problem of teachers that could potentially be biased, because some teachers could easily be nicer than others.
Original post by National Extension College
I'm really sorry to hear you didn't get the grades you were expecting! The important thing to do now is to create a plan to turn today's disappointment into success again.

You might find this free guide to retaking your A levels useful.

Founded in 1963, the National Extension College (NEC) is a pioneer in online distance learning. We offer online courses for GCSEs, A levels and professional courses. Each student receives an exceptional level of support from their expert tutor and the dedicated student support team, as well as access to the best quality course materials. Find out more at https://www.nec.ac.uk

Sophie :smile:

Interesting. thank you so much!! I'll definitely look into that :smile:
Original post by crimsonmumba1
I would still appeal if you are from a School or College which could of been discriminated against.
Stand up and fight for it. You never know, sometimes things may happen if the door closes find a window instead.:smile:

I'm not sure about appealing. Idk. I might appeal. After all, the college I go to is predominately white, and I'm south-asian so they could (you never know) be racist? Most of the teachers and students there are white/not my race so it's possible.
I'm not sure about appealing. Idk. I might appeal. After all, the college I go to is predominately white, and I'm south-asian so they could (you never know) be racist? Most of the teachers and students there are white/not my race so it's possible.

Mate! your South Asian I want you to fight harder. I am Black and I would of if I was back in College.
Have a go never know what you might get. Please try and see what happens if not then resit if you can.
However, please, please appeal look on the exam board website about how to appeal. :smile:
Original post by crimsonmumba1
Mate! your South Asian I want you to fight harder. I am Black and I would of if I was back in College.
Have a go never know what you might get. Please try and see what happens if not then resit if you can.
However, please, please appeal look on the exam board website about how to appeal. :smile:

Okay I will. :smile:
thanks.
I am a resit student who got ABB last year. Retook the subjects where I got B's where I was predicted A*A. They ended up giving me CC... Pretty much a waste of a year of my life.

Quick Reply

Latest