AdenGermany
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Is it possible to change courses at QMUL? Got ABC settled for a sociology and politics course, my dream is to do law. Did I make a BIG mistake?
StrawberryDreams
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by AdenGermany)
Is it possible to change courses at QMUL? Got ABC settled for a sociology and politics course, my dream is to do law. Did I make a BIG mistake?
Hey! Have you managed to give them a call to see if they have any spaces on the law course, and whether your grades meet the requirements? That's what I recommend you do first

Queen Mary University of London just in case you can help
AdenGermany
Rep:
?
(Original post by StrawberryDreams)
Hey! Have you managed to give them a call to see if they have any spaces on the law course, and whether your grades meet the requirements? That's what I recommend you do first

Queen Mary University of London just in case you can help
They have no spaces for any of the llb law courses.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
It may be possible to change courses at QMUL but I know Law is full and there weren't many courses there with vacancies by mid morning. However, you did get into sociology & politics and tbh that is a good alternative course assuming you have an interest in those subjects. You don't need a Law degree to become a solicitor as I expect you know and with the new SQE exams coming in soon there will be less benefit to doing one compared to another subject.
AdenGermany
Rep:
?
(Original post by harrysbar)
It may be possible to change courses at QMUL but I know Law is full and there weren't many courses there with vacancies by mid morning. However, you did get into sociology & politics and tbh that is a good alternative course assuming you have an interest in those subjects. You don't need a Law degree to become a solicitor as I expect you know and with the new SQE exams coming in soon there will be less benefit to doing one compared to another subject.
But I would have to do a law conversion course right?
Euphoria101
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
There are no spaces, and they wouldn't accept ABC anyway unfortunately.
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
But I would have to do a law conversion course right?
The GDL law conversion course is being phased out from 2021 in favour of SQE exams for everyone to take. There will still be preparatory courses to take before the exams but they are likely to be much cheaper than the GDL. Law graduates will be better prepared for these exams but non law graduates will be able to catch up easier than under the current system.

https://www.prospects.ac.uk/jobs-and...xamination-sqe
AdenGermany
Rep:
?
(Original post by harrysbar)
The GDL law conversion course is being phased out from 2021 in favour of SQE exams for everyone to take. There will still be preparatory courses to take before the exams but they are likely to be much cheaper than the GDL. Law graduates will be better prepared for these exams but non law graduates will be able to catch up easier than under the current system.

https://www.prospects.ac.uk/jobs-and...xamination-sqe
Oh, I didn't know about this. Thank you
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Oh, I didn't know about this. Thank you
You're welcome, I suggest you research it a bit than have some relaxation time, I imagine it has been a stressful day. Try and get a good night's sleep and see how you feel in the morning
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (113)
28.18%
No - I have already returned home (52)
12.97%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (80)
19.95%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (39)
9.73%
No - I live at home during term anyway (117)
29.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed