Is it even possible to apply to Oxford with a lower grade?

Watch
jgcr2019
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Just out of curiosity, is it even possible to apply to Oxford next year with a bit of a lower grade? Or to any other school?

I received 84,5% in my European Baccalaureate and needed 85% for LSE or Oxford. That's much higher than AAB or so on.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Generally speaking, if you're applying with below the standard offer for your qualification, it's highly unlikely you'll be called to interview, let alone get an offer
Crazyhorse13
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
It’s depends on what course I would say really.
To be honest even with a tiny bit of a smaller grade they probably won’t except you as so many people apply for Oxford so they are so picky so if they can find a down fall even if I tiny they will cut you cause all the people that apply are super clever so they have to cut even people that are really clever with anything they can find because otherwise they would have way to many people to give offers too.
Hope this helps and don’t be discouraged they might let you in depending on your CV but if your really serious about them make sure your CV is a Amos has and stands out from the crowd it might help you even if it’s a little bit. Email people from or have been to Oxford and ask them their scores.
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by jgcr2019)
Just out of curiosity, is it even possible to apply to Oxford next year with a bit of a lower grade? Or to any other school?

I received 84,5% in my European Baccalaureate and needed 85% for LSE or Oxford. That's much higher than AAB or so on.
High risk.
Normally the requirements are the minimum expected standard. perhaps email their admissions department and ask if you'll still get serious consideration. No point applying for them to bin it.
username5335518
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Honestly I really don’t think so, because the grades are for Oxbridge to just filter out the vast majority of people, before even thinking about taking exams and interviews. In short, if you don’t have the grades, they’ll most likely toss your application out straight away...
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I mean, to answer your question literally, there are not requirements to just apply no.

I think you'd be very unlikely to be successful though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (50)
30.3%
No (115)
69.7%

Watched Threads