ElliotEvans19
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So in January I applied for uni, went for the interview got accepted onto the course I wanted to study, etc. Showed them all my grades (bearing in mind I left college 8 years ago) Left the interview with a place, a couple of weeks later I checked my UCAS placement to accept it and it said 'conditional Offer if Level 3 grade is provided' I Told Them I couldn't find it as I have left college 8 years ago. They were happy with the qualifications I had at the time. So I've tried for months on end to find/chase up this missing document, spent over £80 trying to retrieve it from my college, etc, so I rang up the college and explained they said yes I need this bit of paper, so I said ill remove my application and have to leave it. couple months later, I'm getting emails/letters saying congratulations, etc etc. so today I decided to check my UCAS, it changed from conditional to unconditional and it says I'm guaranteed a place on this course this year, gave me a start date and so on. So I'm Well happy, but I decided to call UCAS and confirm they say yes you have place congratulations but said to call the uni and make sure, so I call the uni and they said no, u need this paperwork to enroll? I contacted the tutor before this and he said ''presuming that the University has made some adjustments to the entry requirements given the current situation, and as we are now in the clearing period they have a better idea of enrolment figures. I wasn’t involved in this decision but I would say if that is the communication you’ve had it should be correct! So well done indeed.'' Hope this makes sense and people can understand where i am coming from, but i honestly do not know what is going on at this stage.
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ElliotEvans19)
So in January I applied for uni, went for the interview got accepted onto the course I wanted to study, etc. Showed them all my grades (bearing in mind I left college 8 years ago) Left the interview with a place, a couple of weeks later I checked my UCAS placement to accept it and it said 'conditional Offer if Level 3 grade is provided' I Told Them I couldn't find it as I have left college 8 years ago. They were happy with the qualifications I had at the time. So I've tried for months on end to find/chase up this missing document, spent over £80 trying to retrieve it from my college, etc, so I rang up the college and explained they said yes I need this bit of paper, so I said ill remove my application and have to leave it. couple months later, I'm getting emails/letters saying congratulations, etc etc. so today I decided to check my UCAS, it changed from conditional to unconditional and it says I'm guaranteed a place on this course this year, gave me a start date and so on. So I'm Well happy, but I decided to call UCAS and confirm they say yes you have place congratulations but said to call the uni and make sure, so I call the uni and they said no, u need this paperwork to enroll? I contacted the tutor before this and he said ''presuming that the University has made some adjustments to the entry requirements given the current situation, and as we are now in the clearing period they have a better idea of enrolment figures. I wasn’t involved in this decision but I would say if that is the communication you’ve had it should be correct! So well done indeed.'' Hope this makes sense and people can understand where i am coming from, but i honestly do not know what is going on at this stage.
This sounds really confusing I agree.

It seems like the uni have decided to accept you without the Level 3 grade, due to low numbers this year perhaps?

I would contact the uni in writing and say "I don't have X certificate, but I do have ABC, will I be able to enrol?" If they say yes, then you're fine.

Would you need to give notice at work, etc?
mike23mike
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Look you have an official document from the uni congratulating you on securing a place on the course for Sept 2020 entry so do not stir up a hornet's nest. It's a legally binding offer now and UCAS have confirmed the same so stop digging a hole for yourself. You can do no more, you called the uni and the tutor said 'congratulations'. You have not misled anyone or lied. You have honestly tried to find the missing qualification and have justifiable reasons for not having it.
ElliotEvans19
Rep:
?
(Original post by mike23mike)
Look you have an official document from the uni congratulating you on securing a place on the course for Sept 2020 entry so do not stir up a hornet's nest. It's a legally binding offer now and UCAS have confirmed the same so stop digging a hole for yourself. You can do no more, you called the uni and the tutor said 'congratulations'. You have not misled anyone or lied. You have honestly tried to find the missing qualification and have justifiable reasons for not having it.
Hi Mike, thanks for the reply
Yeah I thought this too, I’m just a bit worried about what to do if they ask for my paper work (grades) when it comes to enrolling or do they not check these?

Thanks
Interrobang
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah I thought this too, I’m just a bit worried about what to do if they ask for my paper work (grades) when it comes to enrolling or do they not check these?

Thanks
It's probably worth having them in case you need them in future for jobs etc. Contact the exam board and ask them? You will almost certainly get charged
mike23mike
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Thanks
Well for students who have their A level results today then the UCAS verification of the grades is sufficient. In your case, the uni may ask for sight of the original certificates. As already said, the exam board should have a record of your grades.
ElliotEvans19
Rep:
?
(Original post by mike23mike)
Well for students who have their A level results today then the UCAS verification of the grades is sufficient. In your case, the uni may ask for sight of the original certificates. As already said, the exam board should have a record of your grades.
Hi Mike thanks for the reply, yes ive sent ALL my grades to UCAS before I even went for the interview this is why im so Confused?
What would do, just go on the enrolment?
I don’t want to leave my job, move to Sheffield etc then go to the enrolment and be like oh I don’t have that as explain I have explained ☹v
mike23mike
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi Mike thanks for the reply, yes ive sent ALL my grades to UCAS before I even went for the interview this is why im so Confused?
I don’t want to leave my job, move to Sheffield etc then go to the enrolment and be like oh I don’t have that as explain I have explained ☹v
I think you are safe and have a place to study at Sheffield. You have been officially told by UCAS that you have an unconditional offer so if the uni now kicks off then you have grounds to lodge a formal complaint. Honestly I think the uni would have to give youa place on the course since you have not misled them. You can threaten to go to the papers - Mail online love this kind of stuff - and that will embarrass the uni to come good on their unconditional offer. Of course, that is the nuclear option of they do not accept you on the course.
Interrobang
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Unis don't have to take your word on it for any qualifications. UCAS send them some, so that is a trusted source. Your best bet is to make sure you have the proof of your qualifications. If your school/college etc. hasn't been helpful, go to the exam boards.
ElliotEvans19
Rep:
?
(Original post by Interrobang)
Unis don't have to take your word on it for any qualifications. UCAS send them some, so that is a trusted source. Your best bet is to make sure you have the prvoof of your qualifications. If your school/college etc. hasn't been helpful, go to the exam boards.
Hi interrobang

I’ve got all my grades and sent them all to UCAS bar the one I cant get hold of, I’ve rang/emailed my college, paid a few times to exam boards etc. nothing back whatsoever constantly chased them up etc, ☹ I have no idea what to do at all.
Interrobang
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi interrobang

I’ve got all my grades and sent them all to UCAS bar the one I cant get hold of, I’ve rang/emailed my college, paid a few times to exam boards etc. nothing back whatsoever constantly chased them up etc, ☹ I have no idea what to do at all.
Keep contacting them - if they have any social media, contact them on that too. Make it clear to them that you need it for your uni choice
ElliotEvans19
Rep:
?
(Original post by Interrobang)
Keep contacting them - if they have any social media, contact them on that too. Make it clear to them that you need it for your uni choice
I’ve tried since January, it doesn’t help the college I went to is now closed down and turned into a different building. I’ve contacted the exam boards numerous times as well as paid. Do they require the paper work on enrolment as I’ve had different answers.?

My UCAS now states I have an unconditional offer with a start date?
Interrobang
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’ve tried since January, it doesn’t help the college I went to is now closed down and turned into a different building. I’ve contacted the exam boards numerous times as well as paid. Do they require the paper work on enrolment as I’ve had different answers.?

They may do or they may not - it depends on whether they want proof of your grades. It's wrong that they haven't given you the proof, especially if you have paid. Evil Homer with your contacts at the boards, any ideas?
Evil Homer
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Do you mind me asking what speciifc qualification it is that you can't get, with what exam board?
ElliotEvans19
Rep:
?
(Original post by Evil Homer)
Do you mind me asking what speciifc qualification it is that you can't get, with what exam board?
Hi Evil Homer,
So it was 2011 ‘ Interactive Media. Level: 3 Extended Diploma’

Studied at South Notts College, I Believe it was EDEXCEL? If that makes sense

Thanks for the help
ElliotEvans19
Rep:
?
can anyone else shed any light on this?
Pleaseeeeeeee
ElliotEvans19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
bump
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (53)
25.6%
Less motivated (154)
74.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise