Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I haven't gotten in uni
and I don't know what to do
Chopinnocturne31
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! That’s ok. A lot of people are in the same boat as you. Have you looked into any clearing courses?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
yea I have and I can't get in
jae jae
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So sorry to hear that!!

Try contacting UCAS to see what they can do for you

Find clearances in unis

Search for other threads regarding on solutions for people upset of their results to get the career path on track (Go on bbc Bitesize too)

Hope this helps
Chopinnocturne31
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
yea I have and I can't get in
Never mind, that’s ok What about resitting in autumn?
I ASK QUESTIONS
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yo if it really starts to get rough just remember theres always the option to redo the year. I never knew this and when I didn't get the grades for my course and getting rejected by most clearing courses (it's a competitive course and my grades were, even by the uni standards quite bad) there was always the option of going to a uni with very low entry standards but when I weighed everything up like quality of life, student satisfaction, feedback, the type of people going there ect ect to me the investment was not worth it. So 3 weeks went by and I still had no idea what the plan was but then one of my friends suggested retaking the year.

At first I thought this proposal was ridiculous and that I would be embarassed for the rest of my life, but let me tell you. This. Was. Singlehandedly. The. Best. Decision. I've. Ever. Made. Ever. Not only was I accepted into my dream uni and got in relatively with ease (not much brain power needed to do it the second time around lol) I also made some friends (some 1 year below and some redo too) but the thing that I benefitted the most from was using this 'time off' to really mature. That one year I took off must have let my mind mature atleast 5 years. It was SO worth it and I cant recommend it enough.

Hope it goes well, remember to keep strong and work your way through step by step, most importantly have an end goal and plan your strategy to get there
Kerzen
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I haven't gotten in uni
Where did you want to go and which subject did you want to read?

Don't worry, things will work out.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
My sister got EED and got rejected by all of her choices as well as clearing. She doesn’t know what to do. She wants to resit them in the autumn time but I’m thinking, how can she go from an E to a B or an A. I suggested her to redo the year but she doesn’t want to.
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Really sorry to hear that Could you do the exams in autumn (or redo Year 13)? What about a foundation year?
University of Bradford
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I haven't gotten in uni
Hey!

I'm really sorry to hear this, well done for trying your hardest with your studies and putting in so much hard work and effort.

Have you looked at Foundation years? After successfully completing the foundation course you will be able to progress onto the degree courses, if you're interested in finding out about the three Foundation years we offer please do take a look here.

If you'd like to have a chat and discuss your options you can call our Clearing helpline today from 08:00-19:00 on 0800 073 1225 :call:
or apply online here :cyber:

I wish you the very best of luck, please let me know if you have any questions.

Becky
Arden University
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
To echo what has been said above - Foundation Years are often accessible just with Level 2 qualifications (so equivalent of GCSEs) if retaking A Levels is not an option. Foundation years focus on skills required at university such as writing essays, research, critical analysis, referencing etc, which equip you well for the full degree once you have completed foundation year. There will be plenty of unis that offer them, we do at Arden as well, and you can choose to study fully online or partly on campus with us if that is something of interest. https://arden.ac.uk/our-courses/blen...-entry-degrees

Anonoymous #2 - Your sister may even be eligible for our standard degrees, what is she wanting to study?

Amy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (51)
13.53%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (51)
13.53%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (141)
37.4%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (41)
10.88%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (72)
19.1%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
5.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed