NEA Plagiarism

Watch this thread
Reptilia135
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
does the plagiarism detector cancel out any plagiarism that's found but has been referenced correctly because I've been using a lot of websites and have been taking the idea of the websites but putting it into my own words. By referencing these websites I cannot be accused of plagiarism, correct?
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
"Students are advised to avoid extensive, verbatim copying from sources and to ensure that the
Investigation is written in their own words. Extensive verbatim copying can lead to malpractice.

The use of footnotes is strongly advised in order to demonstrate the range of evidence consulted
and validate the bibliography. Additionally, footnotes alleviate concerns about plagiarism, as the
source of comments, views, detail or others' judgements is acknowledged. Skill in the use of
footnotes is also highly valued by Higher Education. A bibliography should be provided, listing the
sources that have been consulted."

This is from the AQA specification. It's fine as long as you reference it and you use the websites as evidence to support your argument.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (156)
41.82%
Not yet, but I will soon (69)
18.5%
No (148)
39.68%

Watched Threads