aaa24
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, anyone have any good recommendations^^???? Thanks!
brainzistheword
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by aaa24)
Hi, anyone have any good recommendations^^???? Thanks!
The CGP ones are pretty good for most subjects and if you're used to the format they're easy enough to follow along with

German was the only subject that I never actually used a revision guide for though - perhaps there were enough resources out there to use! I always found that vocab flashcards, listening practice and every opportunity to speak German was a much more effective way to learn - but that's just me!

What are you hoping to get out of a revision guide for German?
Bill V2
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I know it's different, but I had a revision guide for French, and only opened it about 3 times. For languages, I would say things like memrise, duolingo, flashcards, listening exercises, etc are much more helpful, but it depends on you I suppose.
aaa24
Rep:
?
(Original post by brainzistheword)
The CGP ones are pretty good for most subjects and if you're used to the format they're easy enough to follow along with

German was the only subject that I never actually used a revision guide for though - perhaps there were enough resources out there to use! I always found that vocab flashcards, listening practice and every opportunity to speak German was a much more effective way to learn - but that's just me!

What are you hoping to get out of a revision guide for German?
Thanks - Do u have any good recommendations for practice for listenings??(that's what I mainly need to work on!) I think I also mainly wanted it for grammar practice or practice for the reading section
brainzistheword
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by aaa24)
Thanks - Do u have any good recommendations for practice for listenings??(that's what I mainly need to work on!) I think I also mainly wanted it for grammar practice or practice for the reading section
No problem

To be honest, when it came to listening, I spent most of my time on YouTube watching anything I could find. Sometimes it was just recapping vocab (but hearing it pronounced helped) other times it was structured 'lessons'. I'll see if I can find any that I used to watch. I also ended up watching a couple of DVDs that had German language options! I couldn't follow everything, but it got me used to the speed and fluency - and sometimes I got the context!

I can see why you'd want a reference for grammar/reading but honestly, I think the best way to practice grammar is to just get writing and get a teacher to mark it for you.
aaa24
Rep:
?
(Original post by brainzistheword)
No problem

To be honest, when it came to listening, I spent most of my time on YouTube watching anything I could find. Sometimes it was just recapping vocab (but hearing it pronounced helped) other times it was structured 'lessons'. I'll see if I can find any that I used to watch. I also ended up watching a couple of DVDs that had German language options! I couldn't follow everything, but it got me used to the speed and fluency - and sometimes I got the context!

I can see why you'd want a reference for grammar/reading but honestly, I think the best way to practice grammar is to just get writing and get a teacher to mark it for you.
Thank you so much for all your help!
brainzistheword
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by aaa24)
Thank you so much for all your help!
You're welcome! Let me know how you get on and if you need anything else just let me know
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (32)
22.22%
Less motivated (112)
77.78%

Watched Threads