JoshFryMH
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm 27 and have just secured a place at Huddersfield Uni to study Mental Health Nursing (2nd degree fully funded tuition and maintenance due to this being a healthcare degree).

I no longer live with my parents - I have been working for 4 years and am independant and am going back to uni. Should I use my parents address as my home address? Or use my current place of residence? I believe I am entitled to a full maintenance loan of £9200 but I am unsure how to fill my application form out to correctly get full funding. Do I use my current address in Leeds?

I asked on here a few weeks back and the SFE team assured me I would get full maintenance and tuition. I get no support from my parents and I don't have a legal partner. I just live with my friends in a rented flat in Leeds.

I also need to get confirmation of my student finance before I can apply for the NHS grant.

How do I fill out my SFE application so that I am eligible for the full amount that I am entitled to?

Thanks in advance,

Josh
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You can put any address you like. It’s used for correspondence not for assessment of eligibility.

Your age will mean you’re classed as independent no matter where you live.
JoshFryMH
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I did some research and I'm classed as an 'independant student' as I'm over 25 and have supported myself for over 3 years. I haven't uploaded any documentation yet so I'm assuming once my passport is uploaded they will see I am over 25 and I will get another maintenance loan on top of the basic (4k) amount shown on my account. Is this correct? Or do I have to call up and tell them I am an independant student? My student loan calculator came back at 12k with no partner and no household income and I know I am entitled to more than the basic bottom maintenance loan (4k). How do student finance work out the remaining 8k of the maintenance loan? What will they need from me? What do I need to do to get the information to them? Thanks, Josh
Last edited by JoshFryMH; 1 month ago
University of Huddersfield Student Rep
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JoshFryMH)
I'm 27 and have just secured a place at Huddersfield Uni to study Mental Health Nursing (2nd degree fully funded tuition and maintenance due to this being a healthcare degree).

I no longer live with my parents - I have been working for 4 years and am independant and am going back to uni. Should I use my parents address as my home address? Or use my current place of residence? I believe I am entitled to a full maintenance loan of £9200 but I am unsure how to fill my application form out to correctly get full funding. Do I use my current address in Leeds?

I asked on here a few weeks back and the SFE team assured me I would get full maintenance and tuition. I get no support from my parents and I don't have a legal partner. I just live with my friends in a rented flat in Leeds.

I also need to get confirmation of my student finance before I can apply for the NHS grant.

How do I fill out my SFE application so that I am eligible for the full amount that I am entitled to?

Thanks in advance,

Josh
(Original post by JoshFryMH)
I did some research and I'm classed as an 'independant student' as I'm over 25 and have supported myself for over 3 years. I haven't uploaded any documentation yet so I'm assuming once my passport is uploaded they will see I am over 25 and I will get another maintenance loan on top of the basic (4k) amount shown on my account. Is this correct? Or do I have to call up and tell them I am an independant student? My student loan calculator came back at 12k with no partner and no household income and I know I am entitled to more than the basic bottom maintenance loan (4k). How do student finance work out the remaining 8k of the maintenance loan? What will they need from me? What do I need to do to get the information to them? Thanks, Josh
Hi Josh,

I just wanted to congratulate you on securing a place at The University of Huddersfield.

Regarding your query, you will possibly be better off having another discussion with Student Finance over the phone. To present your research and see if they can help you with your application.

I wish you the very best of luck with your future studies.

Best Wishes,

Sam Townsend | BSc(Hons) Geography Student at The University Of Huddersfield | Student Rep
Last edited by University of Huddersfield Student Rep; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (48)
14.37%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (46)
13.77%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (121)
36.23%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (33)
9.88%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (68)
20.36%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
5.39%

Watched Threads