The Student Room Group

Exeter university

So I’ve had to appeal my grades meaning that I haven’t been able to get into medicine. But I’ve been offered a place for medical science through clearing. If I were to put the medical science down but get my appealed results back which were enough to meet my conditions of medicine. Would I be able to change it over again?
Unis will have to be flexible this year with the way the A levels were assessed and the fact that an unusually high number of appeals will be made.
What about looking into Swansea. They offer courses like Genetics, Applied Medical sciences etc from which if you do well enough you can apply to Gem. https://www.swansea.ac.uk/medicine/
Original post by ohhey01
So I’ve had to appeal my grades meaning that I haven’t been able to get into medicine. But I’ve been offered a place for medical science through clearing. If I were to put the medical science down but get my appealed results back which were enough to meet my conditions of medicine. Would I be able to change it over again?

Morning @ohhey01,

I am sorry to hear that you are disappointed with the results you have received this year and that this has affected your Medicine offer. We understand that schools and colleges are carefully considering what to do overall and how to advise individually affected students. In light of this, we guarantee to confirm an applicant’s place where amended grades result in the conditions of their original offer being met as long as results are received no later than 7th September. We will consider amended grades after that, up until 2nd October, if spaces are available. After 2nd October, where we have no capacity, we will honour a place for deferred entry. If you defer, you will need to apply through UCAS (if the 2020 cycle has closed) and your application must be in time for the relevant deadline (15th October or 15th January). 2021 applicants for Medicine who also applied in 2020 and received an offer will not need to resit UCAT or attend interview. Applicants should send confirmation of regrades to [email protected] as soon as they receive them.

Do you have any questions about Medical Sciences that I can help you with as you consider all of your options? I appreciate it is not what you were hoping for but wanted to offer in case you were considering it. You are able to continue planning ahead for Medical Sciences for this September and if your appeal is successful we will be able to honour it either this year or next year dependant on the date you are able to get the new grades to us.

I hope this helps- do let me know if you have any further questions I can help with.

Melody
University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team Two
Morning @ohhey01,

I am sorry to hear that you are disappointed with the results you have received this year and that this has affected your Medicine offer. We understand that schools and colleges are carefully considering what to do overall and how to advise individually affected students. In light of this, we guarantee to confirm an applicant’s place where amended grades result in the conditions of their original offer being met as long as results are received no later than 7th September. We will consider amended grades after that, up until 2nd October, if spaces are available. After 2nd October, where we have no capacity, we will honour a place for deferred entry. If you defer, you will need to apply through UCAS (if the 2020 cycle has closed) and your application must be in time for the relevant deadline (15th October or 15th January). 2021 applicants for Medicine who also applied in 2020 and received an offer will not need to resit UCAT or attend interview. Applicants should send confirmation of regrades to [email protected] as soon as they receive them.

Do you have any questions about Medical Sciences that I can help you with as you consider all of your options? I appreciate it is not what you were hoping for but wanted to offer in case you were considering it. You are able to continue planning ahead for Medical Sciences for this September and if your appeal is successful we will be able to honour it either this year or next year dependant on the date you are able to get the new grades to us.

I hope this helps- do let me know if you have any further questions I can help with.

Melody

If I turn down Exeter this year and reapply next year (to exeter) would i have to attend interview and UCAT?
Reply 6
Original post by CheltBoii
If I turn down Exeter this year and reapply next year (to exeter) would i have to attend interview and UCAT?

If you got the grades needed, you can defer the year, meaning you wouldn’t have to take the UCAT or the interview?
Original post by ohhey01
If you got the grades needed, you can defer the year, meaning you wouldn’t have to take the UCAT or the interview?

But i am looking to reapply due to some circumstances
Original post by CheltBoii
But i am looking to reapply due to some circumstances

Hi @CheltBoii,

Without knowing your personal circumstances and the full status of your application and offer it is difficult for me to advise what would happen if you decided to apply to Exeter again next year. I would recommend emailing our Admissions Team explaining your situation and including your Exeter ID so that they can look in to this and provide you with a clearer answer. You can email them on [email protected].

I am sorry I am unable to help more but this should get you the information you need. If you have any issues contact me on here and I will see what I can do. Also please do not hesitate to contact me with any further questions you might have.

Melody

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending