The Student Room Group

Need guy advice here

So heres the situation. I have this family friend, our parents are best mates and we have known each other since we were born. And we decided to go camping a few weeks back because we're best mates, but he ended up coming to my tent after everyone else went to sleep and I needn't say any more :wink: but we haven't spoken about what happened between us and we carried on like normal but there's this massive elephant in the room when we talk. Idk wether to bring it up to him or to just leave it?
We are going camping just the two of us this Sunday on his farm and idk what to do because idk if it means anything to him because he's so nonchalant about it whereas I can't get it off my mind. On the plus if we ended up together and broke up it would make the BBQ get togethers rather on the awkward side but is it worth ittttt. So what the heckk do i do?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
All I hear is you waffling a whole lot of nothing!

What's the question?
Reply 2
Original post by Noreaga
All I hear is you waffling a whole lot of nothing!

What's the question

i edited it so hopefully it should make sense now, kind of word vomitted and didn't read it back ..
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by meganw03
i edited it so hopefully it should make sense now, kind of word vomitted and didn't read it back ..

How old are you?
Reply 4
Original post by Noreaga
How old are you?

Reply 5

You're a child. Concentrate on your studies!!!
Original post by Noreaga
You're a child. Concentrate on your studies!!!

So bloody helpful
Reply 7
Original post by Noreaga
You're a child. Concentrate on your studies!

chile, anyways so..
Can’t tell what he wants unless you speak to him yourself. Sounds like a casual thing to him nothing serious. If you don’t want to continue with it just say so to him, and if you’re uncomfortable with it becoming an issue in the break up scenario then avoid it. But don’t let that put you off if you like him, but I’d make sure this feeling was mutual before anything else.
Reply 9
chile, anyways so..

Chile?

No, I am not from Chile. I am from Morocco and Sicily.
Reply 10
Original post by Noreaga
Chile?

No, I am not from Chile. I am from Morocco and Sicily.

its a tiktok reference. i went to morocco once, the mountains are gorgeous there
Talk to him about it
its a tiktok reference. i went to morocco once, the mountains are gorgeous there

I don't use TikTok. Which part of Morocco did you visit? I am not a fan of Moroccans, but Morocco is beautiful. I prefer Sicily.
its a tiktok reference.

You know, I have a feeling it has more relevancy to black culture and Southern America than it does TikTok...
Reply 14
Original post by 2_versions
You know, I have a feeling it has more relevancy to black culture and Southern America than it does TikTok...

nah its the word chill just spelt differently, thats my understanding of it anyway. i may be wrong but pretty sure thats all it is.
nah its the word chill just spelt differently, thats my understanding of it anyway. i may be wrong but pretty sure thats all it is.

Yeah you're pretty wrong. It's pronounced 'child' without the D. It's full phrase is Phew Chile, and it's said when there's a lot of drama / arguments going on. It's from the South of the USA. It blew up on Twitter some time in 2018 and quickly became a challenge for white girls to try and pronounce it correctly. I think the misinterpretation of it meaning chill is a joke on white peoples expenses...
edit: It's aave, just had to check if I got that right.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by 2_versions
Yeah you're pretty wrong. It's pronounced 'child' without the D. It's full phrase is Phew Chile, and it's said when there's a lot of drama / arguments going on. It's from the South of the USA. It blew up on Twitter some time in 2018 and quickly became a challenge for white girls to try and pronounce it correctly. I think the misinterpretation of it meaning chill is a joke on white peoples expenses...
edit: It's aave, just had to check if I got that right.

oh wow i never knew that! thanks for educating me on that haha. sorry if i offended anyone or you with that :smile:
oh wow i never knew that! thanks for educating me on that haha. sorry if i offended anyone or you with that :smile:

I've only found out about AAVE in the last few weeks too, it turns out a lot of 'internet slang' is actually AAVE (ie ratchet, bae, deadass, woke, on fleek etc etc)

Here's a full list of AAVE if ur interested!!
https://twitter.com/CLAlROSOFIA/status/1289376097935613953?s=20

https://www.feminuity.org/blog/using-bve-as-a-non-black-person-is-appropriation#:~:text=Words%20such%20as%20%E2%80%9Clit%2C%E2%80%9D,often%20misused%20or%20overly%20emphasized.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending