How does clearing work

Watch this thread
Aloveraa
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
If I add a choice to ucas and fail the interview so don't get in do I lose all the other informal offers made too?
emiloujess
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Aloveraa)
If I add a choice to ucas and fail the interview so don't get in do I lose all the other informal offers made too?
Hey, how is it going? I do not believe so, but I also do not understand why a uni would want you to add a choice on Track before an interview :confused:

Which unis did you get offers from?
Aloveraa
Rep:
(Original post by emiloujess)
Hey, how is it going? I do not believe so, but I also do not understand why a uni would want you to add a choice on Track before an interview :confused:

Which unis did you get offers from?
Wolverhampton is the only one that has asked me to input my choice into track before an interview.
username4832702
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
BurstingBubbles SarcAndSpark charlottesweb 04MR17
Last edited by username4832702; 1 year ago
emiloujess
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Wolverhampton is the only one that has asked me to input my choice into track before an interview.
I am so glad you got some offers, hopefully one of them confirms your place I cannot comment on the interview part, because I have no experience with them, but it seems another user has tagged someone that can help. Best of luck!
Aloveraa
Rep:
(Original post by emiloujess)
I am so glad you got some offers, hopefully one of them confirms your place I cannot comment on the interview part, because I have no experience with them, but it seems another user has tagged someone that can help. Best of luck!
But i have to gamble it if I want to get an interview to another uni as they have interviews later on in the week.
SarcAndSpark
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Yeah, they shouldn't be asking you to do this. You don't lose your other offers as such, but it does make things more complicated.

Explain to them that you have other interviews too, so you're not going to add them as a choice on track until you have a confirmed offer from them at least.

ETA: if they insist, then speak to UCAS, or come back on here.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Because the offers are informal you can't lose them (per se) by something "formal/official" that you do on UCAS. However, if you do take the Wolves offer and then later pass an interview at the other unis and want to go there instead then I *think* you'll then need to ring up Wolves again, ask them to release you and then accept an offer sent to you from the other provider you've picked. Which is more complicated as SarcAndSpark said. SarcAndSpark - am I right in thinking the "decline my place" button wouldn't be available in this scenario?

How many offers are you holding at the moment?
Bjlip
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
You can hold multiple informal offers, but they become formal offers once you input it into UCAS. The general rule is that you should have permission from the University you want to add to UCAS to add them to UCAS (Which I would assume meaning passing the interview). You can only have one clearing choice on UCAS, and after you have done that you can't add any others.
I'm not sure why they would tell you to add them to UCAS before the interview, because I'm not sure if you can change it after it is added. I'd have a talk with the university that told you to do that.
Last edited by Bjlip; 1 year ago
SarcAndSpark
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
Because the offers are informal you can't lose them (per se) by something "formal/official" that you do on UCAS. However, if you do take the Wolves offer and then later pass an interview at the other unis and want to go there instead then I *think* you'll then need to ring up Wolves again, ask them to release you and then accept an offer sent to you from the other provider you've picked. Which is more complicated as SarcAndSpark said. SarcAndSpark - am I right in thinking the "decline my place" button wouldn't be available in this scenario?

How many offers are you holding at the moment?
Yeah, you'd have to ring up UCAS to get released from the Wolves offer, I think. There wouldn't be a "decline my place" option.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (146)
42.44%
Not yet, but I will soon (62)
18.02%
No (136)
39.53%

Watched Threads