A-level Autumn Resits 2020 MEGATHREAD!

Watch
:)Esss:)
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
For people resitting chemistry: how are you revising unified? My school never went through that and how are you self teaching the more tricky topics?

Also do ppl have schedules or deadline or strategies of how to structure the revision? As in should I spend one month absolutely hammering the content and then the next 3 weeks doing past papers or should I do it more simultaneous?
Schnuckiboo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 8013)
I think maybe for GCE, but for IAL they may not as they also have an October series every year.
Know a person who's mum works for AQA and says that apparently they'll be rewriting the papers so won't be using the summer 2020 ones
Sweetiepie101
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Schnuckiboo)
Know a person who's mum works for AQA and says that apparently they'll be rewriting the papers so won't be using the summer 2020 ones
How are people revising for 2 a levels 😭
wildone3
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
Personally, I would resit both, to give yourself the best chance of getting an A- but if you feel there's one subject you definitely won't improve, it might be better to focus all your time on the other.

Which subjects are you thinking of resitting?
I'm thinking of resitting Biology and Chemistry. I'm just unsure about chemistry. If I got a lower grade in chemistry, I'd be able to go with the result I have now though wouldn't I?
Super_M8rio
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by wildone3)
I'm thinking of resitting Biology and Chemistry. I'm just unsure about chemistry. If I got a lower grade in chemistry, I'd be able to go with the result I have now though wouldn't I?
R people who r resitting all taking gap years and applying through ucas again to 5 unis?
Cloudiii
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by wildone3)
You keep your highest grade yeah. So if you get lower in the resit you can keep the one you have now
Cloudiii
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Super_M8rio)
R people who r resitting all taking gap years and applying through ucas again to 5 unis?
I’m resitting two and applying through UCAS for next year. Only I was planning to take a gap year anyway so never applied to uni for this year so it will be my first time going through the process.
Theloniouss
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'd personally be keeping my offer for one university and hopefully my insurance too. If not, I'd probably reapply to 5 because why not?
Super_M8rio
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Theloniouss)
I'd personally be keeping my offer for one university and hopefully my insurance too. If not, I'd probably reapply to 5 because why not?
What do you mean by keeping your offer? Would you ask your uni to defer and apply again to 5, is this possible? Sorry im just confused what my next steps r going to be
Theloniouss
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What do you mean by keeping your offer? Would you ask your uni to defer and apply again to 5, is this possible? Sorry im just confused what my next steps r going to be
Some universities have agreed to give offer holders deferred places if they sit the autumn exams and meet their offer. Because of how UCAS works, that means I'll have to start a new application for 2021 entry. If my insurance also agrees to let me keep them as insurance then I'll put them down as well.

If I keep both offers, I won't need to rewrite my personal statement so I won't bother adding three other universities, getting a reference etc.

Otherwise, I'll have to do those things and might as well put all 4 other applications on the form.
Super_M8rio
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Theloniouss)
Some universities have agreed to give offer holders deferred places if they sit the autumn exams and meet their offer. Because of how UCAS works, that means I'll have to start a new application for 2021 entry. If my insurance also agrees to let me keep them as insurance then I'll put them down as well.

If I keep both offers, I won't need to rewrite my personal statement so I won't bother adding three other universities, getting a reference etc.

Otherwise, I'll have to do those things and might as well put all 4 other applications on the form.
Thats very nice of unis to do that. Mine said that ill have to create a new application. Hopefully if I get an A in maths this autumn and appeal my econ to an A i can use the real grades to apply to uni cant i? If i get an offer ill need to turn my geo c to an the a in summer unless i do it in autumn but i honestly cant see that happening. Also if we apply i dont think you need to create a new personal statement as my head of 6th form said you just need to add what u did in your gap year.
Theloniouss
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thats very nice of unis to do that. Mine said that ill have to create a new application. Hopefully if I get an A in maths this autumn and appeal my econ to an A i can use the real grades to apply to uni cant i? If i get an offer ill need to turn my geo c to an the a in summer unless i do it in autumn but i honestly cant see that happening. Also if we apply i dont think you need to create a new personal statement as my head of 6th form said you just need to add what u did in your gap year.
Since autumn resits (and obviously appeals) count as first sittings, I'd assume so.

Yeah, I mean I'd have to update my PS. It's currently about 1 character below the limit, and I'd have to change tenses, the sort of "what I hope to achieve" sections would have to become "what I achieved" sections. I'd probably change some of the books, courses etc. I wrote about.
libbyab
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Student+)
I just don’t want to spend the whole year being stuck in revision. It’ll be hard to stay motivated and frankly I’d just have it over and done with (I’ll still revise properly tho of course) so I can spend the rest of the time stress free. But I only have to retake one subject so that’s quite manageable in 2 months. If I had to retake all 3 then I might have considered summer.
ohh I see yeah that makes sense, im retaking all 3 so I automatically just ignored October ones but thats understandable
Sweetiepie101
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by libbyab)
ohh I see yeah that makes sense, im retaking all 3 so I automatically just ignored October ones but thats understandable
Are you going to do the summer exams
.amy_smithxx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi just want some advice, I applied to Uni of Manchester for law and had my heart set on it. I was predicted ABB and knew that I had to knuckle down if I wanted to get in and was so determined. Then covid happened and on results day I got BCC, my psychology grade put down by 2 grades from an A to a C. I tracked constantly at an A* and know if I resit in October could do so much better. I have recently decided that I want to swap and do history instead of law and found a course in Manchester with contextual offer of BBB. If I resit both history and psychology I think I could get my grades up to ABC or even potentially AAC and was wondering do you think trying to revise 2 heavy content courses is possible in 2 months or should I just sit in summer 2021 x
libbyab
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sweetiepie101)
Are you going to do the summer exams
yep, gonna call up my college on Monday to ask for a place. wbu?
Sweetiepie101
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by libbyab)
yep, gonna call up my college on Monday to ask for a place. wbu?
I think I’ll sit one a level in autumn and one in summer but if I fail the autumn exam due to short timing I’ll happily sit that in summer
Antimatter123
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m currently trying to revise for the autumn exams , I feel like there is too much content to go through for a level bio and chemistry. I’m struggling can someone help
SKhagrid
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Anyone else doing 2 subjects for Autumn or is that just me
SKhagrid
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Antimatter123)
I’m currently trying to revise for the autumn exams , I feel like there is too much content to go through for a level bio and chemistry. I’m struggling can someone help
I think if you just keep on working everyday and not stop then we can make it. I'm also doing 2 subjects maths and chem and honestly we just have to give it all we got as we have nothing to lose now
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (81)
30.8%
Less motivated (182)
69.2%

Watched Threads