The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

psychology with counselling at NTU

hi everyone, I am studying psychology with counselling at Nottingham Trent, I am just wondering if anyone else has chosen this course or will be based on the city campus and maybe get to know each other a little bit before starting? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by user1567945
hi everyone, I am studying psychology with counselling at Nottingham Trent, I am just wondering if anyone else has chosen this course or will be based on the city campus and maybe get to know each other a little bit before starting? :smile:

Hey, I'm studying psychology at Nottingham Trent so I'll be at the city campus too :smile: How do you feel about starting uni?
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by SimmyS285
Hey, I'm studying psychology at Nottingham Trent so I'll be at the city campus too :smile: How do you feel about starting uni?

that's awesome! what made you interested in studying psychology? I am pretty nervous about starting uni to be honest,it is such a new experience, so i thought i would try to get to know a few people beforehand :smile: what about you, how do you feel about starting uni?
that's awesome! what made you interested in studying psychology? I am pretty nervous about starting uni to be honest,it is such a new experience, so i thought i would try to get to know a few people beforehand :smile: what about you, how do you feel about starting uni?

I did psych at A Levels and it was really interesting, so I think that made me want to do it at uni, what about you? What made you want to study psych and counselling? Yeah it’s going to be such a big change, but it’ll be exciting as well and same tbh I started using this to get to know some people before uni started too, but I’m feeling excited for a new change, I just hope I don’t get lost round the campus and manage to find my way to the lectures 😂
Reply 4

Hi, I will be studying psych with sociology! Will be based at the same campus
Original post by Kaz_xx

Hey, that's awesome!! I love sociology :smile:. Did you do both in A-level? What made you interested in the course? How are you feeling for uni
Original post by Kaz_xx

Hey! That’s cool, how are you feeling about starting uni? Are you staying in student accommodation?
Reply 7
Hey, that's awesome!! I love sociology :smile:. Did you do both in A-level? What made you interested in the course? How are you feeling for uni

No i didn't do them at a-level. I wanted to do psychology a-level but decided to do spanish instead. I just always been interested in the mind and the way people think. I'm a bit scared because its a totally new area but exited! I don't have any accommodation at the moment so a bit worried. I am on the NTU waiting list but still stressing. The only things i can find privately are studios, i was looking at hydrogen but i'm not sure. Wbu?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 8
Hey! That’s cool, how are you feeling about starting uni? Are you staying in student accommodation?

Quite exited because it will be a totally different experience. I don't have any accommodation at the moment :frown: so a bit worried. I'm on the NTU waiting list but still stressing. The only things i can find privately are studios, i was looking at hydrogen but i'm not sure. Wbu?
Original post by Kaz_xx
Quite exited because it will be a totally different experience. I don't have any accommodation at the moment :frown: so a bit worried. I'm on the NTU waiting list but still stressing. The only things i can find privately are studios, i was looking at hydrogen but i'm not sure. Wbu?

Awh don’t worry I’m sure you’ll be able to find some sort of accommodation! Yeah I’m excited too, like you said it’s going to be a new experience and I’m not staying in accommodation I’m living at home, what made you want to study in Notts?
Original post by Kaz_xx
No i didn't do them at a-level. I wanted to do psychology a-level but decided to do spanish instead. I just always been interested in the mind and the way people think. I'm a bit scared because its a totally new area but exited! I don't have any accommodation at the moment so a bit worried. I am on the NTU waiting list but still stressing. The only things i can find privately are studios, i was looking at hydrogen but i'm not sure. Wbu?

Ah, well i'm sure you'll love the course. I saw it has a 100% satisfaction rate! psychology has some great units, and sociology I all-around loved it. It is really scary, I don't know the area either but we will find the way around quickly!
It's great you're on a waiting list, that should help loads. It will all be sorted, people are getting their accommodation quickly now. I didn't get accom until June because I chose late, I kept refreshing the website every few hours until a place came up on the booking system. But still best of luck getting accom. i'm at norton court. Was Trent your firm/insurance choice?
Reply 11
Awh don’t worry I’m sure you’ll be able to find some sort of accommodation! Yeah I’m excited too, like you said it’s going to be a new experience and I’m not staying in accommodation I’m living at home, what made you want to study in Notts?

Oh okay! Thanks hopeful I should get it soon. I really liked the area and how close places were to the campus. Also how the course is taught, I like how the uni has a 100% satisfaction rate and is rated really high for psychology.
Reply 12
Ah, well i'm sure you'll love the course. I saw it has a 100% satisfaction rate! psychology has some great units, and sociology I all-around loved it. It is really scary, I don't know the area either but we will find the way around quickly!
It's great you're on a waiting list, that should help loads. It will all be sorted, people are getting their accommodation quickly now. I didn't get accom until June because I chose late, I kept refreshing the website every few hours until a place came up on the booking system. But still best of luck getting accom. i'm at norton court. Was Trent your firm/insurance choice?

I know right, that's one of the reasons which made me go for this uni! The units look really interesting. Yes we will get used to the area pretty quick since we will be spending quite a lot of time here. Oh okay so that will be quite close to the campus, hopeful I will see you around. Thanks, I should hopeful get accommodation soon. Trent was my insurance.
Reply 13
Have you guys done any pre reading or brought any books for the course?
Original post by Kaz_xx
Oh okay! Thanks hopeful I should get it soon. I really liked the area and how close places were to the campus. Also how the course is taught, I like how the uni has a 100% satisfaction rate and is rated really high for psychology.

Yeah that’s true, Trent has really good facilities for psych as well and that’s true, especially where we will be based because we’re in the city we have shops and transport right near us! Have you started buying stuff for your accommodation? Also do you wanna message on snap or insta? If you do, private message me :smile:
Original post by Kaz_xx
Have you guys done any pre reading or brought any books for the course?

Nope not yet, but I’m going to start looking a it today have you started pre reading or getting books?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 16
Nope not yet, but I’m going to start looking a it today have you started pre reading or getting books?

No not really, I need to start having a look too. They are putting up a reading list on the induction website, but it doesn't go live until the 31st Aug
Reply 17
Yeah that’s true, Trent has really good facilities for psych as well and that’s true, especially where we will be based because we’re in the city we have shops and transport right near us! Have you started buying stuff for your accommodation? Also do you wanna message on snap or insta? If you do, private message me :smile:

Yes I've started to do bit as don't want to leave it all last minute. Brought some items from ikea, just the essential stuff, plates, bowls, cups...etc. wbu?
Original post by Kaz_xx
Yes I've started to do bit as don't want to leave it all last minute. Brought some items from ikea, just the essential stuff, plates, bowls, cups...etc. wbu?

Yeah that’s a good idea you started buying stuff now because when you move it you will have a lot of stuff and you will feel more settled and I’m staying at home, so I don’t really need to buy accommodation stuff
Original post by Kaz_xx
I know right, that's one of the reasons which made me go for this uni! The units look really interesting. Yes we will get used to the area pretty quick since we will be spending quite a lot of time here. Oh okay so that will be quite close to the campus, hopeful I will see you around. Thanks, I should hopeful get accommodation soon. Trent was my insurance.

that's awesome, the course you're doing seems really interesting to me, you'll have to let me know how it goes! You will love it. And for sure! i'm based at the city campus, too, so we will see each other around :smile:. you definitely will get accom soon, I know it's really stressful but don't worry they're dealing with other people's accommodation really quickly.

Quick Reply

Latest