The Student Room Group

Do universities lower their grade requirements in clearing

Do Uni’s lower grades through clearing if placement is available? I didn’t get the grades I was predicted and I didn’t get into a Uni but I am looking at Ulster and they are MMM and my predicted grades were MMM and I only have MMP. Has anyone ever gotten into uni via lower grades?
Original post by davidosullivan
Do Uni’s lower grades through clearing if placement is available? I didn’t get the grades I was predicted and I didn’t get into a Uni but I am looking at Ulster and they are MMM and my predicted grades were MMM and I only have MMP. Has anyone ever gotten into uni via lower grades?

Sometimes but not always, you'll have to call and ask. Hope everything goes well for you :h:
Original post by thegalaxy
Sometimes but not always, you'll have to call and ask. Hope everything goes well for you :h:

Have done, they said they’ll let me know on Monday :/ So that’s a no basically
(edited 3 years ago)
what about other universities
Original post by swanseajack1
what about other universities

I have an offer accepted for Cardiff, just worried about moving away & still no confirmation from finance, just annoying with Ulster being annoying
I have an offer accepted for Cardiff, just worried about moving away & still no confirmation from finance, just annoying with Ulster being annoying

Most people worry about moving away usually suffer home sickness for a month to 6 weeks then settle. A very good university in a top student city. One of the most affordable cities in the UK. Has everything castle, really nice shopping centre, arena, legendary nightlife area
Most people worry about moving away usually suffer home sickness for a month to 6 weeks then settle. A very good university in a top student city. One of the most affordable cities in the UK. Has everything castle, really nice shopping centre, arena, legendary nightlife area

If finance would get back to me that would make life easier. Still pending on my application
If finance would get back to me that would make life easier. Still pending on my application

Just read on the other thread it isnt Cardiff but USW. They have a media building there but the main university is in Pontypridd 10 miles outside of Cardiff. What subject are you going to take and what was the BTEC in
Just read on the other thread it isnt Cardiff but USW. They have a media building there but the main university is in Pontypridd 10 miles outside of Cardiff. What subject are you going to take and what was the BTEC in

Taking a Film Production course in Cardiff! And my BTEC was in Level 3 Extended Diploma in Media Production
Taking a Film Production course in Cardiff! And my BTEC was in Level 3 Extended Diploma in Media Production

It would probably be a very good place to study that. The BBC has just built a new building in Cardiff and things like Bargain Hunt and Doctor Who are being run from Cardiff
It would probably be a very good place to study that. The BBC has just built a new building in Cardiff and things like Bargain Hunt and Doctor Who are being run from Cardiff

My ideal place! Just being away from family is stressful and getting there also, I have to fly to Bristol and then bus from Bristol to Cardiff
My ideal place! Just being away from family is stressful and getting there also, I have to fly to Bristol and then bus from Bristol to Cardiff

That is something only you can decide. There certainly were Belfast to Cardiff flights but that might have changed. If travelling through Bristol you would need to get a bus from the airport then a train to Cardiff which takes 30-40 minutes depending which station you go from. Cardiff Airport is way out anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest