The Student Room Group

How does clearing work?

So I have accepted an offer for USW in Cardiff, I am enquiring about Ulster University as I am a grade short than predicted, how does clearing work?
1. Call up a uni you are interested in (ideally having self-released into Clearing, but many unis aren't requiring this)
2. Tell them your grades and see if they will offer you a place. Get email confirmation
3. If they do, add it to Track and they will accept you

You can do 1 and 2 with multiple unis, but only 3 with your final choice
Original post by Interrobang
1. Call up a uni you are interested in (ideally having self-released into Clearing, but many unis aren't requiring this)
2. Tell them your grades and see if they will offer you a place. Get email confirmation

Perfect! Thankyou! Called Ulster today to see and they said they’ll contact me Monday latest. Have an offer accepted with another Uni but not declining until I hear back from them

Thanks for the advice! Hopefully they get back to me. Is it normal for them to leave it for a few days(?
Original post by davidosullivan
Thanks for the advice! Hopefully they get back to me. Is it normal for them to leave it for a few days(?

They are under no obligation to accept you, and you have said you don't meet the grade requirement, and it will be for the same reason that I posted in your other thread :smile:
They are under no obligation to accept you, and you have said you don't meet the grade requirement, and it will be for the same reason that I posted in your other thread :smile:

Yeah that’s true. I’m just stressing. Just depends if they have any placements.
Original post by davidosullivan
Yeah that’s true. I’m just stressing. Just depends if they have any placements.

Yes I know it must be stressful... But try and distract yourself as there's nothing you can really do until Monday. You have a place at uni regardless :smile:
Yes I know it must be stressful... But try and distract yourself as there's nothing you can really do until Monday. You have a place at uni regardless :smile:

Yeah that’s true. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending