papayas
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm currently going into Year 13 without having done a single speaking assessment, and I'm pretty worried to say the least! Does anybody have any advice on their best revision tips (for speaking, reading, writing or listening), especially if you achieved an A* or A.
redmeercat
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! My main advice for speaking exam prep is to speak, even if it's to yourself or to your dog! Part of learning to speak confidently is learning to react to other people, and part of it is getting used to the sounds and words of the la guage, which only happens when you say them regularly. You could aim to spend 5+ mins every day going over your day in French, for example. On top of that, practicing listening without visual cues will also help (as well as listening with visual cues) such as music and podcasts will help you practice listening to people talk. That way, you'll be as prepared as you can be whenever you next get the opportunity to talk to an actual person in French! When you're practicing, try to get diverse vocab and grammar in, too, since you get marked on language use.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (47)
24.35%
Less motivated (146)
75.65%

Watched Threads