Why is it wrong to like someone younger than you?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
For example if you like a 16/17 year old and you are a lot older, is that wrong?
wastedcuriosity
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How much is a lot older...
StarLinyx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
For example if you like a 16/17 year old and you are a lot older, is that wrong?
Yes - very wrong. If you are like 26, and the other is only 16/17 years of age, that is dodgy territory. Wait till they get to at least 18 (preferably 20) before thinking about liking them.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by StarLinyx)
Yes - very wrong. If you are like 26, and the other is only 16/17 years of age, that is dodgy territory. Wait till they get to at least 18 (preferably 20) before thinking about liking them.
You don’t suddenly look different at 18, 16 year olds are not children, so why is it wrong?
wastedcuriosity
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You don’t suddenly look different at 18, 16 year olds are not children, so why is it wrong?
A 16 year old is a child. What?
StarLinyx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are you trolling, or mentally deranged?
vix.xvi
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's not physically 'wrong'
But 'societally' it is wrong as they are not fully an adult whereas you are

Hope that made sense
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
16 year olds havent even done their gcses yet.

26 year olds have full time jobs, n could even think about having kids.
Anonymous #1
16 year olds havent even done their gcses yet.

26 year olds have full time jobs, n could even think about having kids.
Most 16/17 year olds are just starting year 12. I don’t understand why it is wrong for someone to be attracted to someone that age physically and are called out for it
wastedcuriosity
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Most 16/17 year olds are just starting year 12. I don’t understand why it is wrong for someone to be attracted to someone that age physically and are called out for it
Because you're an adult and they are a child
What is so hard to understand about that?
carelesslion
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Speaking as an 18 year old- the levels of maturity between the ages of 18 AKA fully legal adult and 16 is mind blowing. One is a child and one is not. There has to be a cut off point somewhere. I’m hoping this is some sort of unfunny joke.
pepsimaxcherry
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As long as you are both over the age of 18, no it is not wrong. However, if there is a big age gap, you must take into account that although you are both adults - there is extreme different levels of maturity between someone who’s just turned 18 and a 25 year old. You are at different stages of life. It’s not “wrong” but it should be carefully thought about.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
16 year olds can be in year11. year12 isnt any better lmfao. i'm 18 and would never date a 26 year old. that's grim.

if ur 26 n u are sxually attracted to a child there's smth really wrong w u <3
Anonymous #1
(Original post by DaLordzzz)
why are these threads even made? like are you a high-horse tosspot or something? Do you want a medal for challenging what a pedophillie is?

1) okay first off mate , why are you looking for people who have just left secondary education?
2) second off , how damn small is your pencil downstairs that you want to penetrate under-age girls?
3) third off , 16/17 years old are not mentally developed so your legit taking advantage of them sir.pencil ****
4) fourth off, do you think daddy john is going to like seeing his little baby 16 year old girl with some noncy corsa driver who is double her age?

but all of that doesn't matter because I will personally smash 53 shades of mofo sh!t outta you if you carrying on acting like your Jimmy Saville Junior.
Calm down I’m 16 omg and 16 is not underage and a young adult
MalcolmX
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The difference between 16 and 26 is not the same as the difference between 26 and 36 or even 26 and 46 in terms of maturity.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Calm down I’m 16 omg and 16 is not underage and a young adult
You are legally a child until you are 18, which is where it can be a bit dodgy if you are with someone a lot older. It's a case of "why is this older person romantically/sexually interested in a child".
Anonymous #1
(Original post by MalcolmX)
The difference between 16 and 26 is not the same as the difference between 26 and 36 or even 26 and 46 in terms of maturity.
Is it just wrong because people think they would be manipulated or smth? Not that they are attracted to a “child” because they don’t look or act like children and they aren’t
MalcolmX
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Is it just wrong because people think they would be manipulated or smth? Not that they are attracted to a “child” because they don’t look or act like children and they aren’t
yes
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There is nothing wrong with being attracted to a 16 or 17-year-old when you are much older (after all, you have no control over who you are sexually attracted to). However, there s everything wrong with acting on this feeling.

Believe me, they do look and act like children, they just think that they don't.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It is not wrong- as long as nothing illegal is going on, everything is consensual and both people are happy together.
Some people just don't like large age gaps between law abiding couples and automatically respond with venom or panic whenever they encounter any.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university communicated any last minute changes?

Yes, and they were what I was expecting (11)
17.46%
Yes, and they were not what I was hoping for (15)
23.81%
Yes, and they don't change my view on attending uni (5)
7.94%
No, I haven't received any communication (32)
50.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed