The Student Room Group

Getting different answers from the same admissions team

So earlier when I called my firm, I had someone tell me that they would not be deferring my place if I sat the Autumn exams and then when I called again, a different person said they'd consider it.

Now obviously I am going to make some decisions depending on the information I get from my firm. However, I am concerned that I might get incorrect information from someone in the future. Should I have asked them for their names? In the future, I will make sure to email as well, just to have their response as evidence. Even then, will the evidence even mean anything?

Any advice? The uncertainty is very frustrating.
(edited 3 years ago)
bump
Original post by Results2020
So earlier when I called my firm, I had someone tell me that they would not be deferring my place if I sat the Autumn exams and then when I called again, a different person said they'd consider it.

Now obviously I am going to make some decisions depending on the information I get from my firm. However, I am concerned that I might get incorrect information from someone in the future. Should I have asked them for their names? In the future, I will make sure to email as well, just to have their response as evidence. Even then, will the evidence even mean anything?

in order to defer you need to meet your conditions by the 7th September - which won't be the case if you sit the autumn exams. What some unis are saying is that if you let them know and apply to them again for 2021 entry, they'll give you an offer based on the same conditions as your 2020 offer. I'd try to call them again tomorrow and ask if you could speak to someone more 'senior' if possible - and definitely get their name and job title. I hope it goes well for you :h:
Also helpful to get confirmation in writing about what they decide :smile:
Original post by Results2020

Tomorrow, I would email the actual admissions team for your course/faculty if you can find it. You're more likely to get a clear answer, this way!

Do you mind sharing which uni this was?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending