BM61O
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So this year I obtained 4 As in maths physics geography computing science and a C in English. I’m worried because I wanted to do finance at uni but for some of the unis you need higher English B. Does anyone know if I definitely need this or what I should do
SchuylerSister22
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by BM61O)
So this year I obtained 4 As in maths physics geography computing science and a C in English. I’m worried because I wanted to do finance at uni but for some of the unis you need higher English B. Does anyone know if I definitely need this or what I should do
If the course states that you need a B then you might have to do English again, otherwise I don't think they'll accept you
BigManTing94
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You may have to take it again or try to appeal your grade
University of Strathclyde
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by BM61O)
Hey BM61O :^_^: If a university asks for Higher English at a B then I'd say it's best to try and resit that this year or try to appeal your English if you can. Not every university will need it though so have a look and see what other options are out there if appealing isn't an option and you're not keen to resit. I wouldn't recommend wasting a spot on your UCAS form if you don't and won't have what's being asked of applicants :shy2: What are your plans for 6th year at the moment?

You've done really well with your grades so far and set yourself up very well I'd say! Keep up the hard work in your 6th year and good luck with your applications!

-Caitlin
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (20)
22.73%
No (68)
77.27%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed