Oxford brookes good enough for investment banking?

Watch
Harry8599
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Is brookes good enough for investment banking if i take internships aswell, or will they not read my cv because i go to brookes?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Bump
Oxford Brookes University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Harry8599)
Is brookes good enough for investment banking if i take internships aswell, or will they not read my cv because i go to brookes?
Hello Harry8599,

Hope you are doing well.

I am a current student at Oxford Brookes , although I study law. I would say that as long as you get the required grades in your degree you should not have to worry, because places tend to look at the grades you achieve. I personally do not think that they would disregard your CV because of the University you attend, I feel they would be more focused on your degree classification.

I would say from experience that it would be beneficial to your CV if you do take internships and other work experience, as it will help you build your CV and show experience; as well as showing that you are passionate about that career path. Even if the work experience is not directly linked to that career path it can be beneficial, if you are able to show the key skills you gained/worked on through the role.

I hope I was able to help. If you would like me to elaborate further on anything I have mentioned, or have any more questions, then please do not hesitate to ask. I would be more than happy to help.

All the best,

Shaf
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think you'll struggle.

Internships are a necessity for all applicants and if you do an IB internship and perform well you probably have a shot, what you might find is getting an internship in the first place is hard, extremely competitive & going to Brookes wont do your application any favours (not meant to be disrespectful, its just the reality of the situation).

I wouldnt go to Brookes with the idea of working in a BB if it happens then great but understand its unlikely and plan for careers accordingly.
Last edited by mnot; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
If i did a afterwards masters would that greatly increase my chances into getting into ib?
angelinahx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
oh my god i'm laughing
Harry8599
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
If i did a afterwards masters would that greatly increase my chances into getting into ib?
Didnt mean to be anonymous
I like bread
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
depends if the masters is at a brooks or elsewhere. If the masters is at a target/ semi-target uni then sure, a masters could work
V1ct0r
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
As much as I'd strongly recommend Brookes to prospective engineering and architecture students, the answer here will be a big NO. All ex-polys are trash in the eyes of bankers and it will be very hard to even get an IB internship in the first place.

To be honest, you should at least be aiming for a university like Nottingham.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (91)
22.03%
No (322)
77.97%

Watched Threads