The Student Room Group

hardship fund - Sunderland University

Hi,

I just wondered how the hardship fund works, and if you get it how much you will get.

I am going to be studying a pgce primary from September and I am living on my own and I think I will really struggle to pay all of my bills due to no other income.

I'm not sure I would be able to get a part time job either as the course entails a lot.

Thanks.
Original post by Missnoble
Hi,

I just wondered how the hardship fund works, and if you get it how much you will get.

I am going to be studying a pgce primary from September and I am living on my own and I think I will really struggle to pay all of my bills due to no other income.

I'm not sure I would be able to get a part time job either as the course entails a lot.

Thanks.

Hi @Missnoble

This University fund is in place to help UK students who face unexpected costs, higher than expected costs, or face serious financial problems for other reasons. Applications can be made once you have enrolled for the academic year. You will need to provide supporting evidence for your application to be considered for an award. Priority groups of students for assistance from the Fund include students with children, students who are incapable of work, and final year students suffering financial difficulties.

Applications are processed by the University's Student Support Fund team. You can find more information about the Fund here, where you can also download the application form. Please note: Applications can take up to 4 weeks to process. However, should you have any general worries or concerns about your finances, or find yourself in immediate financial hardship (e.g. you have no access to food/immediate funds), please contact our Student Financial Guidance Team.

Let me know if you have any more questions :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest