Accepting clearing offer, winning appeal, first choice Uni still possible?

Watch
sulexk
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Last edited by sulexk; 1 month ago
joe_oram
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Doesn’t look like the appeal will get me my first choice back but depends on the uni
fairylight778
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
are you going to put another uni course in track for now that you received from clearing until you get made an offer for the uni you actually want by appealing? would you have to release from track again then? im so confused as to what to do
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sulexk)
Have you told your firm that you are appealing? They should hold your place until (I believe) the 7th September if you meet the grades.
sulexk
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Interrobang)
Have you told your firm that you are appealing? They should hold your place until (I believe) the 7th September if you meet the grades.
HI, Thank you for your reply. The student accepted a clearing offer yesterday after the exam grading fiasco. Before they did that they spoke to their firm and mentioned they will be appealing. The question I have is given they accepted the clearing offer (yesterday was fairly traumatic for many students) if they win the appeal can they still get their firm choice even though they accepted the clearing offer?
Interrobang
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
HI, Thank you for your reply. The student accepted a clearing offer yesterday after the exam grading fiasco. Before they did that they spoke to their firm and mentioned they will be appealing. The question I have is given they accepted the clearing offer (yesterday was fairly traumatic for many students) if they win the appeal can they still get their firm choice even though they accepted the clearing offer?
As long as the appeal comes back before 7th September, yes
fairylight778
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yes i have told my firm and i even told them what i expect to get after they appeal they said thats fine and that my place is held until i get my appeal which if the system does not fail me again i get before 7th Sep. But obviously idk who to trust anymore like seriously they keep changing their words and thry have mentioned barely anything about how all this appeal stuff is actually going to take place its so worrying
fairylight778
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yess! thats exactly what im asking sorry if im not articulating myself well im just not in the right state of mind right now with everything going on im just so shocked and disappointed and nothing even feels guaranteed even though the GOV is trying to assure us with this so called triple-lock system i can't see how theyy are managing to stick to their words;how can i trust the system. Everything is so unclear and many of us are all really walking on a tightrope rn.
Interrobang
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by fairylight778)
yes i have told my firm and i even told them what i expect to get after they appeal they said thats fine and that my place is held until i get my appeal which if the system does not fail me again i get before 7th Sep. But obviously idk who to trust anymore like seriously they keep changing their words and thry have mentioned barely anything about how all this appeal stuff is actually going to take place its so worrying
If there are any issues, UCAS should be able to help you sort it. I know it's a stressful time for so many applicants this year regarding grades...
fairylight778
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If there are any issues, UCAS should be able to help you sort it. I know it's a stressful time for so many applicants this year regarding grades...
so for now should i just put the current uni offer i have got through clearing in track? Because isnt some sort of contract formed once you confirm this as firm? when in reality i know i would go to my original applied uni once i get the appeal back
fairylight778
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
so for now should i just put the current uni offer i have got through clearing in track? Because isnt some sort of contract formed once you confirm this as firm? when in reality i know i would go to my original applied uni once i get the appeal back
or should i leave my track vacant ?
Interrobang
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you don't put it down before the deadline and your appeal is not successful, then you will have to start from scratch. The uni will have to release you, but it wouldn't be in their interests to hold onto you - the PR would not be good!
fairylight778
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you don't put it down before the deadline and your appeal is not successful, then you will have to start from scratch. The uni will have to release you, but it wouldn't be in their interests to hold onto you - the PR would not be good!
Okay thanks for helping! I will add my clearing offer onto track for now and then once appeal is successful and i contact my original uni and get the place back i would have to contact the clearing uni to be released? sorry im probably going in cirlces here but i just want to know if im doing anything right or wrong
Interrobang
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Okay thanks for helping! I will add my clearing offer onto track for now and then once appeal is successful and i contact my original uni and get the place back i would have to contact the clearing uni to be released? sorry im probably going in cirlces here but i just want to know if im doing anything right or wrong
Most likely, yes. There are almost certainly more people appealing, so it will depend on whether UCAS has a system built in by then to make it easier, but it is unlikely that anything will change
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ofqual are releasing more info on appeals at the start of next week - it'll get splashed all over TSR so keep your eyes peeled and follow a few of the exam boards on social media too as they'll also be spreading the word once the Ofqual announcement has been made.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (50)
21.93%
No (178)
78.07%

Watched Threads