Want more information about this university?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi is qm a good uni got it through clearing today and wanna know if its reputable. Thanks
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi is qm a good uni got it through clearing today and wanna know if its reputable. Thanks
great uni! congratulations!
becausethenight
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
...why is this in Health BurstingBubbles could you please move it if you can?

Yes, it has a generally good reputation (Russell Group, high rankings etc if you go in for that sort of thing) - ideally, you may want to look at how it’s ranked for your course and speak to current students to get an idea of what it’s like for your course
Anonymous #1
(Original post by becausethenight)

Yes, it has a generally good reputation (Russell Group, high rankings etc if you go in for that sort of thing) - ideally, you may want to look at how it’s ranked for your course and speak to current students to get an idea of what it’s like for your course
Cos today has destroyed my mental health (. I was wondering if i should take a gap year and resit the exams or shall i just go to qm for maths. Honestly feel very upset
becausethenight
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Cos today has destroyed my mental health (. I was wondering if i should take a gap year and resit the exams or shall i just go to qm for maths. Honestly feel very upset
I’m so sorry to hear you’re upset :hugs:- today has been really stressful and upending your plans in 24hrs is awful.

I still think the QMUL sub-forum in the unis forum is probably the best place for this enquiry (ie, the uni’s reputation) - if you want to discuss how you’re feeling generally try Mental Health, Chat, or the various A level threads?

You have the offer for QMUL now so you have time to think through the options available to you and to ask your school or the applications advisors on here for advice, even if it doesn’t feel like it. I would take some time out, relax, and then come back to the problem tomorrow, do your research into Maths at QMUL, and think it all through?
Queen Mary Student Ambassadors
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
CONGRATS for your place at QMUL!! We are so happy you might be joining us!

Queen Mary is a good university, and trust me you will enjoy your time there (speaking from experience!). The campus is great and so welcoming, freshers is really really centred on making new students feel welcome, and you'll feel right at home since moment one. If you have any questions just let me know!

All the best and congrats again!

Maca
QMUL student ambassador
BurstingBubbles
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by becausethenight)

Moved to the Queen Mary forum
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
hey where were u planning to study math? qmul is a great and prestigious uni with lots of opportunities you should be proud of yourself !
Anonymous #1
Thank you! Yes I was planning to study maths. I firmed imperial and insured queen marys. School finished me with the centre assessment grades and even that got pushed down. I’m feeling happy I got into queen marys but also feel I should resit and apply again.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you! Yes I was planning to study maths. I firmed imperial and insured queen marys. School finished me with the centre assessment grades and even that got pushed down. I’m feeling happy I got into queen marys but also feel I should resit and apply again.
Hey!

What makes you want to re-sit instead of going to QM?

Amaya.
QMUL Student Ambassador.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Queen Mary Student Ambassadors)
Hey!

What makes you want to re-sit instead of going to QM?

Amaya.
QMUL Student Ambassador.
Hi, I honestly don’t really know if queen marys is good for maths. Do students enter well known banks such as hsbc from queens marys. Thank you
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I honestly don’t really know if queen marys is good for maths. Do students enter well known banks such as hsbc from queens marys. Thank you
Recent Mathematics graduates have been hired by:

Cancer Research
Deloitte
Direct Line
Grant Thornton
HMRC
Santander.

Amaya
QMUL Student Ambassador
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Awesome! I was studying medicine at QMUL but changed courses to math, it's a great uni! You should be really happy and you can always do exams in autumn if you want better a-levels.
anamliaqat002
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi! I'm going to QMUL for economics, statistics and maths - anybody else?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (51)
13.46%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (51)
13.46%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (142)
37.47%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (41)
10.82%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (73)
19.26%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
5.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed