Nova16
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi I’m currently going into Y13 and I was wondering if any of the y13’s or other students has any advice for me specifically:
-when you start revising
-how many hours a day you did each day coming up to a levels from the months of sept to when the exams were supposed to be
-advice for a level revision
-specifically for business studies psychology and history
-any other useful advise

Thanks and congrats on your a-levels!!

Lau2en _
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I just finished year 13, so even though I didn’t finish it, I hope to be helpful😂 for the start of September make sure you know all your year 12 content and have year 12 notes and revision resources sorted. Use condensed notes and make sure you understand everything and I liked using Flashcards on quizlet because I could do them anywhere and I’d just flick through them while watching tv or something so maybe try and do a set a day for each subject or something, just make sure you have year 12 out the way. Once you start year 13 you need to be on it straight away, make your notes after each lesson or every other lesson in a condensed form and make revision resources, also try and go through one year 12 topic a week for each subject as this will make it easier for mocks, when coming up to mocks I tried to focus on content more as that would take longer to learn that exam technique however do try and practise exam questions if you have spare time, especially the more difficult ones. For the hours eveyone varies but I tried to do an hour a day on weekdays of revision (excluding note taking and revision resources), weekends would depend on what I was doing but make sure you take time out to have fun too!! For revision I like flash cards and blurting, exam questions are super important too, good luck!!
EstelleA
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’m going into year 13 too, good luck!!
EstelleA
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Lau2en _)
I just finished year 13, so even though I didn’t finish it, I hope to be helpful😂 for the start of September make sure you know all your year 12 content and have year 12 notes and revision resources sorted. Use condensed notes and make sure you understand everything and I liked using Flashcards on quizlet because I could do them anywhere and I’d just flick through them while watching tv or something so maybe try and do a set a day for each subject or something, just make sure you have year 12 out the way. Once you start year 13 you need to be on it straight away, make your notes after each lesson or every other lesson in a condensed form and make revision resources, also try and go through one year 12 topic a week for each subject as this will make it easier for mocks, when coming up to mocks I tried to focus on content more as that would take longer to learn that exam technique however do try and practise exam questions if you have spare time, especially the more difficult ones. For the hours eveyone varies but I tried to do an hour a day on weekdays of revision (excluding note taking and revision resources), weekends would depend on what I was doing but make sure you take time out to have fun too!! For revision I like flash cards and blurting, exam questions are super important too, good luck!!
How were your grades? By that I mean was the way you revised successful?
Nova16
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Lau2en _)
thank you so much x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (338)
83.66%
No (66)
16.34%

Watched Threads