robin1123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Is it memory by rota, as in revising reams of facts regarding legal codes or is it a mixture of that and philosophical morality etc etc?
Catherine1973
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Depends on the module. In all of them there is an element of “why do we punish people/why is this a law/what is the objective”.
But if you do more problem questions in exams you won’t really discuss this.
It is usually a lot of learning principles with cases/laws to back then up. This year had been less rote learning due to exams being at home so you can look up the cases to add to your arguments.
University of Strathclyde Student Ambassador
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I agree with Catherine1973 there are lots of principles and different concepts in law

However, it also involves learning a lot of cases as you said robin1123

My experience of studying a law degree has been quite varied, the assignments we were given enabled us to research a specific topic and we needed to find legislation and case law to support our arguments. Whereas our exams were a memory test of how much you know about a topic, we were tested either by answering problem-solving or essay-based questions.

We usually had a 50/50 sometimes 30/70 split for assignments and exams. Some students preferred this as they could achieve a higher grade in their assignments as they were better at essays than taking exams.

If you have any questions, then feel free to get in touch, I'd be more than happy to help

Melissa- Student Ambassador
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (9)
32.14%
Less motivated (19)
67.86%

Watched Threads