anonymous1231231
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
So basically I'm now going into second year of civil engineering at a current university I don't like, it is really disorganised and the staff there don't know what they are doing. The course isn't even accredited which is a massive drawback! I was hoping if I could transfer to a better university like UCL? The first year modules aren't similar. I haven't done well in my a-level exams but got a 1st for first year. Do you think I should transfer?
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by anonymous1231231)
So basically I'm now going into second year of civil engineering at a current university I don't like, it is really disorganised and the staff there don't know what they are doing. The course isn't even accredited which is a massive drawback! I was hoping if I could transfer to a better university like UCL? The first year modules aren't similar. I haven't done well in my a-level exams but got a 1st for first year. Do you think I should transfer?
Sorry to hear about your experiences - that first for this year should stand you in good stead though. I don't know a huge amount about the transfer system but see here for the details about the process of transferring:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=1781424
beyond21
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
depends on the uni, if it in similar ranking with ucl then might be possible, u can cash out 120 credits (equivalent to a HNC) to transfer although modules do have to be similar, if it missing like 1 module u can prob retake it during second year.
mike23mike
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
You can approach UCL and ask but you have left it really late; you could have done this weeks ago. Now unis are neck deep in clearing stuff so will not have much time for your query. You will have to repeat year 1
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (29)
19.59%
I'm not sure (3)
2.03%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (51)
34.46%
I have already dropped out (3)
2.03%
I'm not a current university student (62)
41.89%

Watched Threads