How many pages should my Edexcel Design Technology A-Level NEA be?

Watch
tvhype
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I'm just wondering what the mark weighting for the Edexcel Design Technology A-Level NEA is. How many marks should you expect to get per page? And how many pages should the whole document be?
faizanarshad360
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by tvhype)
I'm just wondering what the mark weighting for the Edexcel Design Technology A-Level NEA is. How many marks should you expect to get per page? And how many pages should the whole document be?
"The portfolio will contain approximately 40 sides of A3 paper (or electronic equivalent) ... Portfolios may be produced as either a hard copy or an electronic equivalent. It is recommended that students produce approximately 20 to 30 sides of A3 paper for their design, make and evaluate project along with any models and their prototype." - Edexcel specification

Part 1 - 33 marks
Part 2 - 45 marks
Part 3 - 30 marks
Part 4 - 12 marks

Total - 120 marks

I hope this explains it
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi there :hello: sorry for the late reply, i was digging out my a-level portfolio only to realise you are talking about edexcel and i did AQA they seem to be quite similar though in what they ask for, the structure is roughly the same (ideation > modelling > testing > manufacture > evaluation) and my portfolio for A2 had around 50 A3 pages in it.
Usually students slide their A3 pages into these,
40 pockets is enough as you put 2 sheets into each (one on each side)

The poster above seems to have given you the correct information :yep: You can note that the weighting for the NEA is 50% so make sure to not neglect the theory paper aspect as a lot of schools typically leave that to the last minute and it can drag down a students overall grade if they dont prepare enough for it.
Name:  Screenshot (83).png
Views: 16
Size:  151.6 KB
Taken from the specification

This might be a useful document, although it is for GCSE it gives the rough outline of how to set things out and has example pages. Obviously A-level is expected to be to a higher standard and more detail though

Best of luck :hugs:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (56)
17.34%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (91)
28.17%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (121)
37.46%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (44)
13.62%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.41%

Watched Threads