Post-A-level results day 2020 depression

Watch
hobinobichimchim
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I feel shattered. This whole day I've put uo a strong front. My grades were way lower. No places could take me. I've got a plan to do autumn exams and apply again no problem. However I started crying an hr ago and haven't/can't stop. I feel SO down. I just want to cry all day tomorrow and do nothing else, but I have to start revising. I think this is the worst day of my life. I've never felt this hard or cried this much. I know it's going to last a couple of days as well. I have no one who gets the stress i am under right now as my friends all got in and can't completely understand. I see everyone on socials congratulating and being happy and i am so happy for them, it just stings that i was part of the 40%. It sucks that everywhere i see ppl celebrating etc., i just start crying bc that's all i wanted but this whole yr just messed me over.

My family tried to help but i dont cry in front of them and they cant help me when i cry. I just feel so alone man. Disappointed. Alone. Worthless. Idek. Anyway, wanted to make a thing so others like me can talk bc i have yet to see anyone tlking about this side of results day. Be as honest as ud like. No judgement. Let's help each other hopefully move on past this
Mickeyg4
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I know exactly how you feel and what you're going through. My grades were significantly lower than expected (even my teachers were shocked), and even with an appeal, I don't think they would be high enough to get onto my chosen course. I feel like I've failed at life and have nothing to look forward to in my future. I feel numb and can't even bring myself to laugh at anything. However, today I'm going back into my college to see what they can possibly do to help me
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Dw there r so many people in the same situation if not worse. What im planning to do is take a gap year, get a small part time job and redo all 3 of my a levels hopefully 2 if I appeal one to an A but honestly not really expecting that. Im gonna take maths before in autumn to an A hopefully and then the other 2 subjects next summer. I will be applying to 5 unis again this year with my awful grades but it is what it is hopefully scrape at least on offer. If not ill just call on results day yikes. Honestly this may sound impossible now and the next year may sound so hard, but trust me it will all work out and dont just go to a random uni through clearing when you know you’re much better!!!
Copasetic
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think there will have to be a uturn of some sort. Write to your MP, Gavin Williamson, Boris etc. Email addresses are available online. Get angry. In the meantime formulate a plan. Take the exams. Take one in October and prove you were robbed. Reapply to UCAS with your new grade and sit more in the summer. It is actually a terrible injustice but start to put it right and see what the coming days bring.
Last edited by Copasetic; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (31)
23.48%
Less motivated (101)
76.52%

Watched Threads