The Student Room Group

Despite Lockdown being semi over, is anyone still bored?

Honestly feel like it's Groundhog Day each morning

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am a bit sick of my routine, but I'm not really bored because I have to much to do. I'm just annoyed at the banality of it all.
Reply 2
Original post by gjd800
I am a bit sick of my routine, but I'm not really bored because I have to much to do. I'm just annoyed at the banality of it all.

Apart from watch some shows and listening to music, there isn't much else I do probably because I'm waiting to see if my Masters application has gone through.

Small errands sometimes ease the monotonousness, but agreed!
Reply 3
Original post by TJ1997
Apart from watch some shows and listening to music, there isn't much else I do probably because I'm waiting to see if my Masters application has gone through.

Small errands sometimes ease the monotonousness, but agreed!

I have a monster reading list to be getting on with and it is like being back in the research part of my PhD. That is all I have done for about 2 weeks now, so it is samey.

Good luck with the master's app, btw
Reply 4
Ahh sorry to hear about that, the job climate is turning out to be quite nasty. Had a few opportunities come up, but they fell through and so that just prolonged my inherent lack of motivation in general.

I miss uni work, but hoping the possible masters will give me enough things to do over the coming months. Need to give myself a day off from my laptop aha, my true couch potato has become quite evident recently..
Reply 5
Original post by gjd800
I have a monster reading list to be getting on with and it is like being back in the research part of my PhD. That is all I have done for about 2 weeks now, so it is samey.

Good luck with the master's app, btw

I can imagine! One of those things you might procrastinate on, but still have to get on with and kills a fair bit of time. Bought some history books a while ago, so might crack on with them in a little while actually.

Cheers, hopefully that green lights a productive year or so
Reply 6
Yeah that's pretty s***ty on their part, considering they already reassured you somewhat beforehand but good that you kept your composure just about. Think I applied for a few policy and parliamentary positions, but like you I made the shortlist and heard little else from them afterwards; have heard from friends that even the most mundane jobs are being overwhelmed such as bar staff where in one place, 500 people applied for the two positions available.

Fingers crossed and looking forward to studying in a newer environment too, didn't really enjoy my first uni
I'm bored af as I'm waiting to hear back from masters applications! Can't plan anything as I have no idea where I'll end up so I'm living a pretty mundane life atm. Literally just working and scrolling through social media all day every dayyy :sigh:
Reply 8
Original post by slothonist
I'm bored af as I'm waiting to hear back from masters applications! Can't plan anything as I have no idea where I'll end up so I'm living a pretty mundane life atm. Literally just working and scrolling through social media all day every dayyy :sigh:

Hoping to get accommodation in London, but the cost + availability leaving it so late as well as the masters uncertainty just means I haven't a clue atm.

Yeah same here. After some negative experiences with mental health, I've not touched instagram for almost 3 days (also the last time I posted) and that's done me a lot of good..
Reply 9
Just keep persevering is probably the best thing for us atm, you're right. In a year's time, things should be starting to reset themselves again I reckon.

My course was good (did a joint degree), but didn't really get on too well socially there.
no :dontknow:
Reply 11
I only stop trying in my third year when things became a lot busier work wise, but I had the same issue about people wanting me to help them with work which was disguised initially as pure sincerity.

Yeah I think it will be a better time, especially with the more mature mindset a masters prompts
Netflix, Guitar, The Smiths and PS4 are getting me through it day by day :biggrin:
Reply 13
Original post by georgeparapet
Netflix, Guitar, The Smiths and PS4 are getting me through it day by day :biggrin:

Living the best life possible, top man!
Reply 14
Not really. There's plenty to do, even if it feels a bit repetitive some days.
Job applications can be quite dull but im not bored in the sense of there is always something that needs to be done :hide:
Reply 16
Looking at and applied to Kings College
Original post by TJ1997

Why don't you run around in the local park and do some squats like an alpha male
Reply 18
Original post by Jeff Bezos
Why don't you run around in the local park and do some squats like an alpha male

Maybe I should, but pay your taxes first mate
Original post by TJ1997

yes because i've been at home without cash since march :/

Quick Reply

Latest