Psych throwaway0
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How long did you revise for per day?
When did you start practice papers?
How hard did you work? 1-10

If i work hard from sept till end of exams can i get AAB for lancaster uni psychology?. I dont wanna fail. Last exams i got ABD.
University of Strathclyde
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Psych throwaway0)
How long did you revise for per day?
When did you start practice papers?
How hard did you work? 1-10

If i work hard from sept till end of exams can i get AAB for lancaster uni psychology?. I dont wanna fail. Last exams i got ABD.
Hey Psych throwaway0 :^_^: I'm sure loads of A Level students will be able to share their experiences here but in my opinion different levels of work will need to be done by different students, so it very much depends on your working style! For me, I was a bit of a 'crammer' with my exams- so would start late and study hard, while staying on top of coursework throughout the year.

There's no harm at all in having a look at practice papers and course content just now if you're curious as to what you'll be doing. This could give you a little head start. Why not get in touch with your teachers to see if they can give any guidance on how to bump your grades up a bit? They could maybe let you know what areas are most important to focus on.

It sounds like you're willing to put in the hard work already anyway so I'm sure you'll do well! Best of luck

- Caitlin
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
Sam.T.
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
3 of the 5 week days i did a 2-3hr revision session in the evening
On Saturdays I did 2 revision sessions of about 2hrs each

However, most of my revision resources were on flashcards on my phone, so every walk to and from school, I’d go through my Flashcards, meaning it’s was probably over 30mins a day just going through flashcards, while walking.

I planned to have started practice paper just as we went into lockdown, as I avoided doing them before mocks, as I didn’t want to have done a paper that we were given.

I’d say I probably worked quite hard, but ensured I gave myself breaks throughout the week
keep_drowning
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Heya

What subjects do you take?

I started a mix of practice questions and papers right at the start of the year. I made sure I was going over my AS content consistently, whilst also ensuring I had past questions on the current topics - Physics and Maths tutor was great for me in terms of resources.

I didn't have an average amount I worked each day - but I tried to do 1-3 hours each day apart from Wednesday after school, and anything on my to do list (usually homework and past questions on current topics) at the weekend (probably did 6 hours over Saturday and Sunday? Sometimes more, sometimes less).

Work consistently through the year (and especially hard at the start to ensure your predicted grades are the best they can be). Everyone says this, but imo it's the most important thing. The people in my classes who did well were the people who were working consistently hard.

Best of luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (54)
25.35%
Less motivated (159)
74.65%

Watched Threads