Want more information about this university?
Diya Sharma
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've been offered a place at University of Glasgow and Nottingham Trent University for BEng Biomedical Engineering. Really confused which one is better. NTU has good reviews for engineering and Glasgow has better overall reputation.
BTS gal
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My field is totally different but I was in the same boat choosing between Glasgow and Roehamptom for my children's literature degree. I decided to go to Glasgow because in employment etc the overall reputation counts way more, specially if you are an international student, because everyone knows Glasgow. You wouldn't want to explain where your uni is during the interview (not that NTU is that unheard of). Glasgow also has a very good community feel and a truly multicultural city. Weather is not too cold either. I have no experience of NTU so cant comment on that. Also, check where both stand in terms of student satisfaction surveys. Glasgow used to be at top, not sure of the current position, but I am still going back there for PhD cos my experience was really good.
Diya Sharma
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by BTS gal)
My field is totally different but I was in the same boat choosing between Glasgow and Roehamptom for my children's literature degree. I decided to go to Glasgow because in employment etc the overall reputation counts way more, specially if you are an international student, because everyone knows Glasgow. You wouldn't want to explain where your uni is during the interview (not that NTU is that unheard of). Glasgow also has a very good community feel and a truly multicultural city. Weather is not too cold either. I have no experience of NTU so cant comment on that. Also, check where both stand in terms of student satisfaction surveys. Glasgow used to be at top, not sure of the current position, but I am still going back there for PhD cos my experience was really good.
Thank you for sharing your experience.
I've researched various student satisfaction reviews and NTU seems to be a good option. So I guess its again a confusion for me😅
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Diya Sharma)
Thank you for sharing your experience.
I've researched various student satisfaction reviews and NTU seems to be a good option. So I guess its again a confusion for me😅
NTU is ranked 12 on guardian whereas glasgow only 14
Nottingham Trent University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey Diya Sharma

Congratulations on your offers!

Have you been able to visit NTU or Glasgow? If you haven't visited us (or if you want to refresh your memory) you can take a guider tour of our Engineering courses on our Virtual Open Day.

I'm sure you have, but it's worth taking a look at the course content for both courses and comparing the modules and course structure to help decide which one appeals to you more. Our Biomedical Engineering page should list everything. As you know, league tables and other comparison tools can also help.

If location is important to you, it's worth considering travel links for both cities, the size of each city and whether or not they can cater for your interests. There's something for everyone in Nottingham, keep an eye on our Welcome website as we're currently adding over 400 events for our new and returning students. Our students' union has more than 120 societies you can join, to meet new people and try something new. You can find an A-—Z list of all their societies on their website, and even start your own!

You can find out more about what life at NTU will look like on our "Starting at NTU" and "Your NTU: Your Experience" pages, if you accept your place at NTU you'll get more information too.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions – feel free to drop us a DM if you prefer.

Thanks
Chris
BTS gal
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Nottingham Trent University)
Hey Diya Sharma

Congratulations on your offers!

Have you been able to visit NTU or Glasgow? If you haven't visited us (or if you want to refresh your memory) you can take a guider tour of our Engineering courses on our Virtual Open Day.

I'm sure you have, but it's worth taking a look at the course content for both courses and comparing the modules and course structure to help decide which one appeals to you more. Our Biomedical Engineering page should list everything. As you know, league tables and other comparison tools can also help.

If location is important to you, it's worth considering travel links for both cities, the size of each city and whether or not they can cater for your interests. There's something for everyone in Nottingham, keep an eye on our Welcome website as we're currently adding over 400 events for our new and returning students. Our students' union has more than 120 societies you can join, to meet new people and try something new. You can find an A-—Z list of all their societies on their website, and even start your own!

You can find out more about what life at NTU will look like on our "Starting at NTU" and "Your NTU: Your Experience" pages, if you accept your place at NTU you'll get more information too.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions – feel free to drop us a DM if you prefer.

Thanks
Chris
That's a very thorough response you have got from Chris and I hope it has helped make the decision easier for you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (29)
26.61%
Less motivated (80)
73.39%

Watched Threads