I’m inexperienced with women, I’m a bit lost

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Okay so I’m 20 and I’ve never been in a relationship nor grew up with female friends through my entire adolescence meanwhile almost every other guy I know has a female companion during those times. Recently however, I have developed closer friendships with girls which really helps because they are good people, they helped me change my perspective and to some extent who I am as a person. It also helped me not bother with the girls who are not putting in the effort.

I’ll have to say that during my adolescence as well, I didn’t really have any good experience with women (both on my fault and theirs) and so because what happened in the past, i do get scared sometimes when attempting to get intimate with someone even though in more recent times where I’ve matured, I did nothing wrong and me and the girls just move on from that. I did act desperate before too because I felt like as if every girl who has laid eyes upon me will be my dream girl (I don’t think like that anymore) And that comes at a cost of those girls leading me on or just playing with my emotions (and I called them out for it recently too)

Now that I’m more sure of what I want in a partner, as well as knowing how to avoid the bad girls, this inexperience thing is what is buggering me because I just get nervous around girls when things are more intimate and when they lose interest, it’ll usually be the time where I want to ask them out (but I know I shouldn’t because they’re not interested) the female friends are helping and I’ve been told that I’m a good confidence booster along with a few other compliments. I also try to act confident but that always backfires 😂.

Anyhow, so what should I do about it? Just keep practicing and get rejected until I find someone? (My only issue with that is that I don’t want to gain a reputation)

Any answer is appreciated
YoBoyEddie
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Dont be surprised if you're still struggling a decade and a half later.
Abzzz57
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Okay so I’m 20 and I’ve never been in a relationship nor grew up with female friends through my entire adolescence meanwhile almost every other guy I know has a female companion during those times. Recently however, I have developed closer friendships with girls which really helps because they are good people, they helped me change my perspective and to some extent who I am as a person. It also helped me not bother with the girls who are not putting in the effort.

I’ll have to say that during my adolescence as well, I didn’t really have any good experience with women (both on my fault and theirs) and so because what happened in the past, i do get scared sometimes when attempting to get intimate with someone even though in more recent times where I’ve matured, I did nothing wrong and me and the girls just move on from that. I did act desperate before too because I felt like as if every girl who has laid eyes upon me will be my dream girl (I don’t think like that anymore) And that comes at a cost of those girls leading me on or just playing with my emotions (and I called them out for it recently too)

Now that I’m more sure of what I want in a partner, as well as knowing how to avoid the bad girls, this inexperience thing is what is buggering me because I just get nervous around girls when things are more intimate and when they lose interest, it’ll usually be the time where I want to ask them out (but I know I shouldn’t because they’re not interested) the female friends are helping and I’ve been told that I’m a good confidence booster along with a few other compliments. I also try to act confident but that always backfires 😂.

Anyhow, so what should I do about it? Just keep practicing and get rejected until I find someone? (My only issue with that is that I don’t want to gain a reputation)

Any answer is appreciated
Hi, it sound like your really working on yourself and confidence comes with time and just generally practicing.. maybe just tell yourself that the girl you are asking out is just another friend, this may help you come across more confident.

To avoid a reputation only ask out girls that you are actually interested in and not just for the sake of it.. one girl will come along for you soon! I wish you the best of luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (48)
14.37%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (46)
13.77%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (121)
36.23%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (33)
9.88%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (68)
20.36%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
5.39%

Watched Threads