The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
on that note... you know the 118-118 serivce that u can "ask us anything" do you rekon they just google your questions?
Reply 2
No. I'd be rather concerned if I did, too.
Reply 3
I'm addicted to the internet as a whole, but not to researching information. There are other ways to get information, or I can, y'know, wait.
Reply 4
I did feel very cut off when I was without the internet for a week.
Reply 5
jonboyyork
According to this article, almost 44 per cent of Britons do. Are you one of them? :p: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/20080901/tuk-uk-britain-internet-fa6b408.html

I suffer form the reverse. I usually dread coming online because I hate checking my emails. Emails are stressful!
Reply 6
It's mainly access to current affairs for me. I don't always get the chance to sit down and watch something like that on television, so without the internet for two weeks makes me go insane, like I'm in a bubble.
When I didn't have the internet for a few weeks I felt really lost at first because I was so used to being able to go on whenever I wanted. After a few days I really liked it though - it was nice not to get distracted by the computer and have time to do other things!
Nope.
On discombobulation, AKA confusion
Reply 9
I like browsing several news sites, and I hate not ebing able to access them...
This is my new favourite word.
I don't know ... if I don't know something and have no access to the internet ... such as a word ... there's this ancient invention called a Dictionary I can check.

Then there's that Medieval invention of a Library where I could go for other information.

Sure, Googling (well, I'm more of a wiki-er myself, I have it assigned as a keyword search thing on Firefox) is helpful, but it's not necessary.

I do, however, get anxious when I am away from the internet for too long.
Reply 12
I guess I do when its exam time and I really need to get to research or revision or something (I use the net for my preps!), then I do!!
Apart from that.... Nah, not really.
If I'm in the house and know I could have access to the internet but don't then I kinda wish I could access it. But if I'm actually out the house then I'm fine. There is more to life than the world wide web.
I must do as I payed a silly rate while on holiday to use a satellite to connect to internet I got it BAD
"Forty-seven percent of those polled believed the Internet was more important in people's lives than religion, with one in five people paying the Internet more attention than their partner."

That's me :s-smilie:
Yes. I go mad if/when the internet dies!
Reply 17
Eh...I google things I don't understand but I don't have to do it OMG RIGHT NOW ARHGHGHGHGHGHGH. :woo:
Reply 18
jonboyyork
According to this article, almost 44 per cent of Britons do. Are you one of them? :p: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/20080901/tuk-uk-britain-internet-fa6b408.html

I must admit that sometimes I think of something when I'm out, something I want to know more about or solve, and I get this urge to go on wikipedia immediately. But I don't get stressed or anxious over it.

I got distressed when I moved to my new house and couldn't have broadband for a while. Does this count?
jonboyyork

I must admit that sometimes I think of something when I'm out, something I want to know more about or solve, and I get this urge to go on wikipedia immediately. But I don't get stressed or anxious over it.

What do they mean "44 per cent" of people?? I don't remember being asked if I do or not?

Who is actually ASKED these sorts of questions, to make up these surveys? Cos I've never met anyone who's been surveyed...

Latest

Trending

Trending