Musical Instruments Watch

This discussion is closed.
galadriel100
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
If any, what musical instruments do you play/learn? And for how long have you played/learnt them?
I have been playing piano for 7 years and clarinet for 3 years.
feelthefiya
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I played violin for 8 years, cello and piano for 3 but now my main focus is singing. I still pick up my violin every once in a while for fun, and I'm working toward being able to accompany myself on the piano while I sing. I really want to learn guitar though. And I'm going to stop talking now because I'm sure nobody cares.
galadriel100
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by feelthefiya)
I played violin for 8 years, cello and piano for 3 but now my main focus is singing. I still pick up my violin every once in a while for fun, and I'm working toward being able to accompany myself on the piano while I sing. I really want to learn guitar though. And I'm going to stop talking now because I'm sure nobody cares.
My sister plays guitar, i would like to be able to play it, but i am really bad at guitar.
Agrippina
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by galadriel100)
If any, what musical instruments do you play/learn? And for how long have you played/learnt them?
I have been playing piano for 7 years and clarinet for 3 years.
I've played the flute for five years and the viola for a couple of years (grade 7 on both). I also play the piano a tiny bit (like grade 3 standard! :p: ) and I sing but haven't ever done grades in singing as I only do it in choirs when I can't be heard except by the people standing right next to me! :p:
~pixie~
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i've been playing the piano since i was 3 and i'm 17 now, and i started the flute when i was 7 and i've done my grade 8 for both. i also played the treble and descant recorder for a year and then did my grade 7, but i dont really play them anymore. i also TRIED to take up the guitar and piccolo but totally gave up...
Peppi
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I play trumpet for the past 5 years and I am grade 7 standard and I am just going to guess I am grade 7 for singing also as I am sitting advanced higher music and to be able to do that you have to be grade 7 :p:
I also play piano dont quite know what grade I am on really just been teaching myself for the past 2 years can play quite a few grade 5 pieces.
Lastly I play guitar... badly.... lol I can get a few tunes out of it even although I have never had a lesson in my life

Anywayz thats about my life story lol

byeee
Onearmedbandit
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Been playing trumpet for about 10 years now But I'm still only on grade 6 :doh:

Played bass guitar for about 4 years, took my grade 8 in July 2003.

I sing a bit but not properly.

I also like to write music Though I only have grade 5 theory.
Luize
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Play guitar a bit. Had it 1-2 years, but I am very crap.
Used to play piano, stoped a good few years ago now, but was learning that for about 5-6 years.
Chris_
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Been playing bass on and off for about 7 years.
Onearmedbandit
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Chris_)
Been playing bass on and off for about 7 years.
Cool! What styles do you like to play?
Cirsium
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Violin for 9 years, viola for a couple of months, guitar and piano for a few years and i sing
Love Jazz + Baroque...
riotgrrrl
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
violin for a year when I was 9
viola for 7 years - grade 7 (my teacher lets me do a grade a year!) county level
Piano - dont have a clue around 5ish
Guitar no lessons jsut the basic chords
Singing - only in choirs
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Violin for 8 years
Piano for 6 years

I don't have formal lessons anymore though
Dave_2004_G
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I've played the violin for about 12 years and piano for about 10, and I've done diplomas on both. I've been playing the guitar for about 3 years as well, not sure what grade standard I am though - got worse in the last year cause I brought a new guitar (Fender American strat - so nice!), and then proceeded to stop playing (preparing for violin/piano exams which I did last term)! Also viola but I suppose that's pretty much the same as the violin :P

Dave
matrixman397
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I've been playing/learning guitar for about 3 years now. I'm self taught, but feel i'm getting pretty good at it now. Still a long way to go though.....

I love it, couldn't live without it!
JrW
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Played 'cello for 3 years, taking grade 6 next term

Sing, taking grade 8 in under a year

Electric guitar (lead and bass)
Chris_
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Onearmedbandit)
Cool! What styles do you like to play?
I like to play a lot of jazz and funk. I also play a lot of classical for fingering practice. You been playing for very long?
RachelBabyfrog
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I've been playing violin for nearly three years... grade 6 at Easter :eek: I have taught myself guitar well enough to strum along with myself over the last eighteen months... I play tin whistles (have about six of them), and learnt the tenor recorder in primary school (woo!)... oh, and I did keyboard lessons for two years or so, but was never any good at it.

Does anyone else name their instruments? My violin is called Wilhelm (he's German) and my guitars are called Gita and Cleo.
Cirsium
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by RachelBabyfrog)
Does anyone else name their instruments? My violin is called Wilhelm (he's German) and my guitars are called Gita and Cleo.
Lol i used to - my two violins (yes i'm greedy - i have 2 violins, 2 violas, 2 guitars, a keyboard and a recorder ) were called Norville (my original one) and Boris (my nice one who i still play). The viola i play isn't my own - i have it on loan, but i'm buying my own for my 18th birthday cos i cant take this 1 to uni and that i will name
ChocolateOrange
Report 14 years ago
I have played trumpet for six years now, cornet for a couple before that. And I used to play violin (v badly!) and recorder (which I still have a go at for fun now and then). The trouble with violin was, I could never get the hang of vibrato, and I sounded so awful without it!

I love trumpet though. It's such a great instrument for playing in groups because you get good parts in pretty much everything - jazz, film/musical, classical, big band etc...and lots of lovely concertos written just for you!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (52)
98.11%
No (1)
1.89%

Watched Threads