Sports
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I got kicked out of sixth form, as I performed bad in my As mock exams in January. I wasn’t able to to the proper exams in June due to Covid 19. Is it fair that I got kicked out as I was not given a chance to actually sit the proper exams in June? I got a phone call yesterday saying there is no place for me in year 13.
Mustafa0605
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
A school called Queens Park community school kicked out students in sixth form over results was taken to court and their action was ruled unlawful. “Government rules state it is unlawful to exclude students over academic attainment. A Department for Education spokesperson confirmed that any off-rolling on the basis of academic results “is quite simply breaking the law”, adding that the department will be speaking to the school directly.”

So it is definitely illegal and you should speak with your head teacher or head of year about this as their school could get in legal trouble for doing this.
imsosickofthis
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Mustafa0605)
A school called Queens Park community school kicked out students in sixth form over results was taken to court and their action was ruled unlawful. “Government rules state it is unlawful to exclude students over academic attainment. A Department for Education spokesperson confirmed that any off-rolling on the basis of academic results “is quite simply breaking the law”, adding that the department will be speaking to the school directly.”

So it is definitely illegal and you should speak with your head teacher or head of year about this as their school could get in legal trouble for doing this.
ooof damn
Kerzen
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
https://schoolsweek.co.uk/students-u...inimum-grades/

It may be that your parents need to speak to the head of your school.

By the way, one of the solicitors mentioned in the article is Dan Rosenberg at Simpson Millar. See this link:

https://www.simpsonmillar.co.uk/our-...dan-rosenberg/
Last edited by Kerzen; 1 month ago
2500_2
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sports)
I got kicked out of sixth form, as I performed bad in my As mock exams in January. I wasn’t able to to the proper exams in June due to Covid 19. Is it fair that I got kicked out as I was not given a chance to actually sit the proper exams in June? I got a phone call yesterday saying there is no place for me in year 13.
If you were excluded, you should have been given a letter with a reason, and your parents given the opportunity to appeal. Did this happen?
Sports
Rep:
?
No. I was told over the phone. But I will get my parents to call the school today. Thanks l
Kerzen
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sports)
No. I was told over the phone. But I will get my parents to call the school today. Thanks l
Can you print out the SchoolsWeek article I linked to and give the print out to your parents?
Sports
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mustafa0605)

Thanks for your advice. I have not slept all night.
Sports
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kerzen)
Can you print out the SchoolsWeek article I linked to and give the print out to your parents?
Yes I will. Thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (14)
28.57%
Less motivated (35)
71.43%

Watched Threads