Grade appeal & last minute change of university?

Watch
heidixxxx
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I have been rejected by my firm due to not meeting the IB reqs by the A-levels results day. I did let them know multiple times that I'm in a process of an appeal due to one of my grades that was obviously wrongly calculated, but they still withdrew my offer. Now my insurance is my new 'firm', however, my true firm uni have stated they will give me the offer back if I meet reqs by the 7th of september. If by that time I'm accepted by my insurance and come 'in a legal agreement with them', am I allowed to withdraw from my place and go to my firm instead provided I get accepted by the 7.09?

I'd really appreciate any help!
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by heidixxxx)
So I have been rejected by my firm due to not meeting the IB reqs by the A-levels results day. I did let them know multiple times that I'm in a process of an appeal due to one of my grades that was obviously wrongly calculated, but they still withdrew my offer. Now my insurance is my new 'firm', however, my true firm uni have stated they will give me the offer back if I meet reqs by the 7th of september. If by that time I'm accepted by my insurance and come 'in a legal agreement with them', am I allowed to withdraw from my place and go to my firm instead provided I get accepted by the 7.09?

Really sorry you are in this situation unis need to hold your place and accept you if you meet your offer following an appeal. Do you mind telling me (on here or over PM) which uni it is? (There is one uni in particular who are well known for this)
mike23mike
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Its common for individuals to drop out in the first few weeks so the uni will refund your course fees and not force you to stay. Its a different story with regard to accommodation. If you move into private accommodation you will lose your deposit and be expected to pay the rent as per the contract.
heidixxxx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Interrobang)
Really sorry you are in this situation unis need to hold your place and accept you if you meet your offer following an appeal. Do you mind telling me (on here or over PM) which uni it is? (There is one uni in particular who are well known for this)
It's UCL I really hoped they would hold my place until results of the appeal come :/
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's UCL I really hoped they would hold my place until results of the appeal come :/
OK thanks for letting me know, we are collating a list of unis behaving badly and the CS have contacts within UCAS They need to, but some appeals may come back after the deadline and they are under no obligation to hold it after that unfortunately.
heidixxxx
Rep:
?
(Original post by mike23mike)
Its common for individuals to drop out in the first few weeks so the uni will refund your course fees and not force you to stay. Its a different story with regard to accommodation. If you move into private accommodation you will lose your deposit and be expected to pay the rent as per the contract.
Thank you, that's reassuring! But yh, finding accommodation that fits both unis (in case) will be a nightmare
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (49)
24.87%
Less motivated (148)
75.13%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise