Accepting a clearing offer while appealing grades?

Watch
Bagsofbuckets
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have an offer through clearing that I need to accept by today, but I'm getting one of my grades appealed. My firm have said they will take me if the appeal is successful. Just wondering if I accept the offer from my clearing uni, then later my grade is adjusted, can I decline this and go back to my firm?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Bagsofbuckets)
I have an offer through clearing that I need to accept by today, but I'm getting one of my grades appealed. My firm have said they will take me if the appeal is successful. Just wondering if I accept the offer from my clearing uni, then later my grade is adjusted, can I decline this and go back to my firm?
Yes you can decline it then you would have to add your firm as a clearing choice. There's no guarantee your appeal will come back in time.
2500_2
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
To accept this new clearing choice, you'll need to decline your firm.
It is possible to swap clearing choices, but to do that your first clearing choice has to release you (they probably will).

So... ask your firm if you are successful in the appeal, would they be able to re-accept you via clearing at that point or does holding your place only apply if you don't decline the place you currently have.
Bagsofbuckets
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by 2500_2)
To accept this new clearing choice, you'll need to decline your firm.
It is possible to swap clearing choices, but to do that your first clearing choice has to release you (they probably will).

So... ask your firm if you are successful in the appeal, would they be able to re-accept you via clearing at that point or does holding your place only apply if you don't decline the place you currently have.
My original firm already rejected me, so I was given a place at my insurance but I've just declined it and applied for a different uni through clearing. When I called my firm they said if the appeal is successful I'll be accepted, but in case it doesn't, I don't want to miss out on the offer from clearing. Can I later decline my clearing offer if I get the grades needed for my first choice?
2500_2
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My original firm already rejected me, so I was given a place at my insurance but I've just declined it and applied for a different uni through clearing. When I called my firm they said if the appeal is successful I'll be accepted, but in case it doesn't, I don't want to miss out on the offer from clearing. Can I later decline my clearing offer if I get the grades needed for my first choice?
no, but you can ask them to release you (and it's unlikely they wouldn't).
I would agree that accepting your clearing choice is sensible while you wait your appeal. Maybe try and visit them while you're waiting for the appeal?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (26)
31.33%
Less motivated (57)
68.67%

Watched Threads