aisharaindrop
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Okay so I called my firm who offered me the course with foundation year and told them I will be appealing my grades and really do not want to do a foundation year (im only 8 Ucas points off from their entry requirements) and they basically told me to ask my college how long the appeals would take and I said its not clear yet but probably will take more than 5 days. I basically an email from my firm when the course was changed from full course to foundation year saying 'Please note if you have another application with another University you will need to wait until they have made their confirmation decisions before you can accept our offer. It is important that you do this within the next 5 days otherwise our offer will expire, and you will no longer have a place here.' so I basically have 5 days to get my appeals back? My firm told me 'universities don't hold offers and to call back on open day and ask the academic staff there about my options?
I even mentioned 'aren't universities meant to hold offers until 7th September' and she kinda brushed it off and said you basically have 5 days to make your mind up of where you want to go

I am defeated lol
aisharaindrop
Rep:
?
pls help, shall I contact Ucas
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by aisharaindrop)
Okay so I called my firm who offered me the course with foundation year and told them I will be appealing my grades and really do not want to do a foundation year (im only 8 Ucas points off from their entry requirements) and they basically told me to ask my college how long the appeals would take and I said its not clear yet but probably will take more than 5 days. I basically an email from my firm when the course was changed from full course to foundation year saying 'Please note if you have another application with another University you will need to wait until they have made their confirmation decisions before you can accept our offer. It is important that you do this within the next 5 days otherwise our offer will expire, and you will no longer have a place here.' so I basically have 5 days to get my appeals back? My firm told me 'universities don't hold offers and to call back on open day and ask the academic staff there about my options?
I even mentioned 'aren't universities meant to hold offers until 7th September' and she kinda brushed it off and said you basically have 5 days to make your mind up of where you want to go

I am defeated lol
Call them again and try speaking to someone else, the 5 days is correct for the unconditional course change but ask if you accept it and the appeal comes back whether they ll then switch you to first year.

You do need to be prepared the appeal might not come back in time though as originally they were saying up to 6 weeks before the mock change was introduced and there's no guidelines for that yet so it's whether you re set on not doing the foundation year and then will take a gap year or you d rather go to university this year.
mike23mike
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by aisharaindrop)

I am defeated lol
UCAS do not have any influence on the time it takes for your appeal to be considered - that is OFQUAL. The uni has done the best it can do - it has to fill its course now so cannot leave places empty in case your appeal is upheld. The best the uni can offer is to offer you an unconditional place for next year IF your appeal is upheld. You could try taking the foundation route, waiting for the appeal decision and then asking to swap to the degree route. Easier to do once you are a part of the uni system. Its a risk, the uni does not need to swap you to the degree route.
aisharaindrop
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
Call them again and try speaking to someone else, the 5 days is correct for the unconditional course change but ask if you accept it and the appeal comes back whether they ll then switch you to first year.

You do need to be prepared the appeal might not come back in time though as originally they were saying up to 6 weeks before the mock change was introduced and there's no guidelines for that yet so it's whether you re set on not doing the foundation year and then will take a gap year or you d rather go to university this year.
Yeah im going to call them back right now, and what mike23mike said it's a risk cause they don't have to swap me to the full course 😩
And I 100% do not want to do a foundation year ONLY because I already spent 3 yrs at college (resit) and I know I don't need the foundation year if that makes sense.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (59)
13.35%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (57)
12.9%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (170)
38.46%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (46)
10.41%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (87)
19.68%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (23)
5.2%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed