The Student Room Group

clearing question

not sure which forum to put this in. So I'm only just going into year 12 so this is just like something I've been wondering. So for example, say I applied for economics at Lancaster and it was my firm, and I think the grades are AAB, and then I got like ABC or something like that so I get rejected. but then their clearing grades for the same course are now BBC, so someone who hadn't even applied for Lancaster can get it with BBC but someone who had a conditional offer and really cared about Lancaster can't get it with ABC because they didn't meet the conditional requirements. Is this how it works or not because this makes no sense to me ??
Original post by maddiethorp
not sure which forum to put this in. So I'm only just going into year 12 so this is just like something I've been wondering. So for example, say I applied for economics at Lancaster and it was my firm, and I think the grades are AAB, and then I got like ABC or something like that so I get rejected. but then their clearing grades for the same course are now BBC, so someone who hadn't even applied for Lancaster can get it with BBC but someone who had a conditional offer and really cared about Lancaster can't get it with ABC because they didn't meet the conditional requirements. Is this how it works or not because this makes no sense to me ??

Hi @maddiethorp,
If this scenario happened you would unlikely to be rejected as although you missed your offer, you still exceeded your clearing grades. As you say, it would be unfair to reject you but let people in through clearing when you've exceeded the clearing grades.
Please keep in mind that clearing is a year-by-year thing and so there may be no places in clearing, or higher entry requirements for the year that you apply - so it's always best to try and get the grades asked for in your offer.
Does this make sense?
Charlotte :smile:
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending