has anybody else... Watch

This discussion is closed.
midza
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
has anybody else applied for a course where their predicted grades are lower than the standard entry requirements for that course? say BBB predicted for ABB course?
Chris87
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I have, although I haven't heard from any of them ones yet. I would recommend it if you think you have a good personal statement and you think you can prove you have a real interest in the subject. Most uni's will look at your personal statement and your reference as well as your predicted grades. I also got an offer from Kingston which was for 200 points (they asked for 240 points in their prospectus) so I would assume they were either desperate for people to do the course or they really wanted me to do their course because they saw I had a real interest.
joesharp
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yes, York wanted ABB when I am predicted BBB and I was rejected.
undiscovered
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
My friend applied for Psychology at Reading (AAA) and got rejected because she is predicted BCCD or something!
Pegasus
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by midza)
has anybody else applied for a course where their predicted grades are lower than the standard entry requirements for that course? say BBB predicted for ABB course?
I'm predicted AAB (with the B being in Maths) and applying for a course where the requirement is ABB (with the A being in Maths).
trev
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I got offers when applying for a course that required 280 points. My predicted grades were BE. Started a new A-level, so don't know the predicted grade.
Luize
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I applied for a ABB-AAB course. Got accepted with an ABB offer.
I'm predicted BB and a B/C I think (Started a new A level...was never told my predicted grade after trying to get one for weeks.)
midza
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by Luize)
I applied for a ABB-AAB course. Got accepted with an ABB offer.
I'm predicted BB and a B/C I think (Started a new A level...was never told my predicted grade after trying to get one for weeks.)
wow! ure personal statement must have been VERY good! what course did u apply for? ure situation makes me feel better! thers hope for me yet
trev
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Some uni's lower entry requirements if you are very good or if they desperately want students.

One of my friends got 3 or 4 A grades at AS level. A university gave him an conditional offer of EE! They should give him an unconditional offer instead if I was the admissions tutor.
Jump
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
One of my mates, is predicted ACC and applied for mainly for BBB places.
trev
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Did they get offers?
Luize
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by midza)
wow! ure personal statement must have been VERY good! what course did u apply for? ure situation makes me feel better! thers hope for me yet
Journalism, Film and Media.
Just need to work my arse off to get the grades, and actually work out what courses I want..
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (62)
75.61%
Leave (20)
24.39%

Watched Threads